Kirwan Commission Considers Large-Scale Tutoring Plan to Close Proficiency Gaps

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Kirwan Commission Considers Large-Scale Tutoring Plan to Close Proficiency Gaps

Date: 10-19-2017 01:05 PM

Summary: Md. has one of the highest household incomes in the U.S., but only 40% of its students met proficiency standards in reading and math on the PARCC assessments in 2017, a Johns Hopkins University researcher told the Kirwin Commission last week.

Click here for the full story...

rationality

Yeah, that one was a great plan. Tutoring is a very good opportunity to earn money and start living as you want. After all, one lesson that lasts about 60 minutes brings you an income of 20 dollars. For me, this is just a great option, because I'm still a student and I don't have time for a full-time job. Tutoring allows me to organize my day so that I have time to study and work. I was actually inspired by the article on https://yourmoneygeek.com I thought I should try tutoring.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yeah, that one was a great plan.
You like that link between income and performance. Problem is the worst performers are not where the income it, so the State has to take from one area to fund another area of the state.
Not that a Billion dollar will move the mark.
But it will make everyone happy to piss good money down the drain.

Hijinx

That's exactly what the Kirwan plan is. Just another way to piss money down the drain.

Reactions: BOP