Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MOD Pizza coming soon !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    Not all of us have the time to do our own nails all cutsie and stuff like Vrai does...
    But you should, damn it!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Not only are there pizza joints on every corner, but Dunkin Donuts.
    You got that right, along with CVS, quick stop gas stations, taverns and packies.

(For those unfamiliar with New England, at one time, bars and restaurants were the only places allowed to sell alcoholic beverages, by the drink. When stores were allowed to sell alcoholic beverages, they were styled as Packaged Liquor Stores, aka Packies.)
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Wood fired, clay oven is the only way to go for pizza. The best places I've eaten pizza at cook it that way. Isabellas in B'mores little Italy, Annas in Williamsburg and any joint in the Campania region of Italy.
    coal fired brick ovens are pretty good too. It's also in the city water supply, you have to have the right balance of chemicals for taste and texture

If I can be a little snarky here, why should Nicoletti's do any interior work when the center is a dump, come on, the big draw there is ABC liquor and Lounge. Is that place upscale, modern?
    I could give you a name for the design, but it would probably offend some people.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by somdforever View Post
    Over the past 5 years I've told my wife a number of times I don't understand why Nicoletti's doesn't redesign the place to be a little more upscale than it is. I too, don't care about going in there as much as we used to. I love kids (have two of my own), but the worst thing they could have ever done was put in that "play" area! The place has good square footage; why not put it to better use? Sorry Bruce and Ryan, but the quality of your food has gone way down over the years. Hard to give you guys a thumbs up when I have to send back a "hot" ham and cheese sub 2 times because your employees couldn't seem to get it right!
    I agree 100%! That play area is just disgusting looking I'm surprised people actually let their kids use that. Germ city!!!

Their lunch pizza & salad buffet is a good deal but everything else we've tried wasn't that great. Their sub ratio is way off. They have a ton more bread vs meat.
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

I go to Nicolettis for the mozzarella sticks. Best around. Everything else is just.....eh.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I go to Nicolettis for the mozzarella sticks. Best around. Everything else is just.....eh.
    Hmmmm I consider myself an mozzarella stick aficionado ...I've not yet had theirs though... care to describe them?

My personal favorites are The Pub in Leonardtown & Arby's... I'm pretty sure they have the same supplier because they are identical in taste and texture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmaryland View Post
    ... care to describe them?
    Ummmm.... good?

Crispy, good Italian flavor, cheese not melted to death.
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Ummmm.... good?

Crispy, good Italian flavor, cheese not melted to death.
    So they are Italian seasoned?

The ones from The Pub are battered and have specks of pepper in the batter. Omg they are amazing. You bite into them and they are so crispy on the outside and the cheese is all melted, gooey, and buttery. Great now I want them :

More than likely Sysco, US foods, but still a good product. Ever tried to make them from scratch, takes a special talent to bread the mozz...
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Airgasm View Post
    More than likely Sysco, US foods, but still a good product. Ever tried to make them from scratch, takes a special talent to bread the mozz...
    Just saw a cooking show making them. Pretty simple to prepare them, but the big trick is to put them in the freezer before cooking. The freezing temps keep the cheese from making a melted mess.
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 115