MOD Pizza coming soon !

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the 'St. Mary's Marketplace', the same shopping center where Harris Teeter is going to be.

[video]https://modpizza.com/[/video]

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If I was going to open a place it would be either a Blaze or a Mod pizza joint.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lucky you all! We absolutely love Mod and Blaze, so you people better treat it right .

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dear Bruce's kid, who now owns or at least runs Nicoletti's,

Give me some money and I will tell you how to compete against Mod and stay relevant and solvent.

Okay, that's a lie. I am not coming back. Say the word and I'll give it to you for free.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Like Monello, I am a pizza snob. I reserve judgement until a taste test.

I had Blaze when I was in California (left coast) - it was okay.

I had a chuckle watching a recent episode of Hawaii Five O - Danny and McGarrett are going in on a restaurant together
Danny tells McGarrett that his uncle Vinny is going to bottle New Jersey tap water and ship it to them.
"Everybody knows it's the water that makes the dough"

And as it turns out also the oven, conveyor belt ovens with pans just don't make a good crust.
The secret behind the traditional pizza ovens is they are freaking hot and the dough goes right on that hot surface
The crust is cooked through with just a nice crispness to it and the toppings are not dried out.

my mouth is watering now just thinking about a street slice.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Give me some money and I will tell you how to compete against Mod and stay relevant and solvent.

Okay, that's a lie. I am not coming back. Say the word and I'll give it to you for free.

I buy personal or slices off the truck and they are pretty good.
Went in for lunch recently and if I were the owner / manager, that pizza buffet would go.
The pizza they put out is not doing them any justice and the salad bar and stuff is just not all that good.

Either put good pizza out or stop the buffet.

Oh, and hire a guy from the NE (italian) who knows how to make da tomato pie

And as it turns out also the oven, conveyor belt ovens with pans just don't make a good crust.
The secret behind the traditional pizza ovens is they are freaking hot and the dough goes right on that hot surface
The crust is cooked through with just a nice crispness to it and the toppings are not dried out.

my mouth is watering now just thinking about a street slice.
I've always said that, conveyor pizza just doesn't cut it.

Oh, and BTW.... :smack: for making me think about a good pie.

And yes, it's a pie. I'm from NY.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When we go back to Massachusetts to visit family, have a wealth of Neapolitan, Sicilian and Greek places from which to choose.

Know what you mean...

Over the past 5 years I've told my wife a number of times I don't understand why Nicoletti's doesn't redesign the place to be a little more upscale than it is. I too, don't care about going in there as much as we used to. I love kids (have two of my own), but the worst thing they could have ever done was put in that "play" area! The place has good square footage; why not put it to better use? Sorry Bruce and Ryan, but the quality of your food has gone way down over the years. Hard to give you guys a thumbs up when I have to send back a "hot" ham and cheese sub 2 times because your employees couldn't seem to get it right!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Wood fired, clay oven is the only way to go for pizza. The best places I've eaten pizza at cook it that way. Isabellas in B'mores little Italy, Annas in Williamsburg and any joint in the Campania region of Italy.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wood fired, clay oven is the only way to go for pizza. The best places I've eaten pizza at cook it that way. Isabellas in B'mores little Italy, Annas in Williamsburg and any joint in the Campania region of Italy.

On a work trip to Italy I had pizza made in a coal fired clay oven. It was as good if not better than a wood fired oven. Possibly because the coal got the oven hotter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Over the past 5 years I've told my wife a number of times I don't understand why Nicoletti's doesn't redesign the place to be a little more upscale than it is. I too, don't care about going in there as much as we used to. I love kids (have two of my own), but the worst thing they could have ever done was put in that "play" area! The place has good square footage; why not put it to better use? Sorry Bruce and Ryan, but the quality of your food has gone way down over the years. Hard to give you guys a thumbs up when I have to send back a "hot" ham and cheese sub 2 times because your employees couldn't seem to get it right!

Somebody complained about their lunch buffet - I love the lunch buffet but keep forgetting to go there. When I have gone, the pizza has been great (for buffet pizza) and the salad bar is terrific.

I also like Nicoletti's pizza and I like their pasta offerings as well. Anyone who gets all pseudosnobbish and insists that x is the ONLY :drama: pizza that's any good - yeah, have fun with that. That's like the fauxfoodies who want to argue about BBQ. Get over yourselves.

Nicoletti's location is their worst feature, IMO. In that scuzzy strip mall that looks dirty and crapped out, it's not a good first impression for a restaurant.

They also need an ADULT! manager on hand at all times so those kids do their jobs and don't get stupid. Most of them are fine, but all it takes is one dumb punk to set off a bad review chain.

They need to deliver. They may be doing that already but I've never heard of it, which means other people haven't heard of it either, which means that they're losing business big time.

Now, I don't know who is opening the MOD franchise - for all I know it's Ryan himself and he doesn't care if Nicoletti's goes away. But if it's not him, and he does care, he needs to get with the times and get away from that old school county mentality. Those days are long gone, your loyal clientele is dying out and needs to be replenished with new folks.

Anyone who complains that chains are putting local businesses out, well, there's a reason for that. In our travels we've seen zillions of local businesses that outperform their chain competitors, so it indeed can and has been done. You have to have a good product in a good location, and you have to have clean smiling friendly faces up front. If you're not in a high traffic area, you have to spend some money promoting and reminding people that you're there. Not for a month or two, but constantly. ABC - always be courting.