Thread: Girl Gets Catfished but Ends Up With the Model He Used As Bait

Girl Gets Catfished but Ends Up With the Model He Used As Bait

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...sinker/542748/
    When four red heart emojis appeared on her screen, Emma was thrilled. Unlike her ex-boyfriend, Ronnie seemed mature and attentive. Ronnie was easy on the eyes, funny, and caring, but there was one problem: He did not exist.

Ronaldo Scicluna was a fictional character created by Alan Stanley, a short, balding, 53-year-old shop fitter—a decorator of retail stores.

Emma decided that she needed to protect others from his scam. On September 16, 2016, she wrote a Facebook message to the Turkish model:

“Hello Adem, we don’t know each other but a year ago I met a guy online and that man is using your picture and pretends he is you under another name. I wasn’t sure if getting in touch with you was a good idea but I needed you to know, kind regards, Emma.”

On March 31, 2017, Emma sent her catfish a goodbye text message:

“Alan I wanted to tell you that tomorrow I’m going to pick up Adem at the airport. And I still don’t know if it’s good or bad but I’m going to meet ‘my Ronnie.’ You built up all this ####, I’m not sure if I should thank you or detest you for that. But this is happening.”

On April 23, 2017, their story became a tabloid sensation in England. “My catfish became cupid,” Emma told the Daily Mirror, “And now we’re living happily ever after.”
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from.

Blog Entries
    That's a great story!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 34