Thread: Girl Gets Catfished but Ends Up With the Model He Used As Bait

Girl Gets Catfished but Ends Up With the Model He Used As Bait

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...sinker/542748/
    When four red heart emojis appeared on her screen, Emma was thrilled. Unlike her ex-boyfriend, Ronnie seemed mature and attentive. Ronnie was easy on the eyes, funny, and caring, but there was one problem: He did not exist.

Ronaldo Scicluna was a fictional character created by Alan Stanley, a short, balding, 53-year-old shop fitter—a decorator of retail stores.

Emma decided that she needed to protect others from his scam. On September 16, 2016, she wrote a Facebook message to the Turkish model:

“Hello Adem, we don’t know each other but a year ago I met a guy online and that man is using your picture and pretends he is you under another name. I wasn’t sure if getting in touch with you was a good idea but I needed you to know, kind regards, Emma.”

On March 31, 2017, Emma sent her catfish a goodbye text message:

“Alan I wanted to tell you that tomorrow I’m going to pick up Adem at the airport. And I still don’t know if it’s good or bad but I’m going to meet ‘my Ronnie.’ You built up all this ####, I’m not sure if I should thank you or detest you for that. But this is happening.”

On April 23, 2017, their story became a tabloid sensation in England. “My catfish became cupid,” Emma told the Daily Mirror, “And now we’re living happily ever after.”
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I wish I was a Unicorn so I could stab idiots with my head.

Blog Entries
    That's a great story!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 34