IRS to block, suspend tax returns that lack Obamacare disclosures

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IRS to block, suspend tax returns that lack Obamacare disclosures

• The IRS said it will not accept electronic tax returns, and will suspend paper returns, that do not disclose whether the filer had health insurance coverage during the year.
  • The IRS' move, which will bolster compliance with Affordable Care Act rules, comes as the Trump administration takes other steps to undercut the law.
  • The penalty for not having some form of health coverage in 2017 is the higher of 2.5 percent of household income or $695 per adult.

The Internal Revenue Service, in a new policy, says it will block or suspend processing of 2017 income tax returns that do not comply with Obamacare rules requiring filers to disclose their health insurance status.

The IRS' move to tighten Americans' compliance with the Affordable Care Act comes even as the Trump administration remains hostile to that health law and takes steps to undercut it.

"Taxpayers remain obligated to follow the law and pay what they may owe at the point of filing," the IRS said in a description of the new policy.

The ACA requires most people to have some form of health insurance coverage or pay a tax penalty — a requirement known as Obamacare's individual mandate.

That penalty is the higher of 2.5 percent of adjusted gross household income or $695 per adult and $347.50 per child under age 18.

The agency, in an online notification to tax professionals, said that in the upcoming tax filing season "the IRS will not accept electronically filed tax returns where the taxpayer does not address the health coverage requirements of the Affordable Care Act."

Hijinx

Proving once again that Obama's worshippers are still badly entangled in the weave of Government.

It may take many years to get them out , but it's a job that needs doing.

Rommey

It is the law of the land so why shouldn't the IRS do what the law requires? You may not like the law but that doesn't mean it can be ignored or circumvented.

Sapidus

Do as we say, not as we do.:rolleyes:

How are they doing what you claim?

They are following the law which requires people to have health insurance or pay the penalty. Just because you and Trump don’t agree with it doesn’t mean it’s not the law

BOP

They are following the law which requires people to have health insurance or pay the penalty. Just because you and Trump don’t agree with it doesn’t mean it’s not the law

Their lord and master, the Won, was pretty flexible (morally) and in regard to which laws he enforced, and for which groups.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Trump needs to do today what he should have done on Jan 21 - immediately fired or dismissed every single obama appointee, about 6,000 of them. When that happens, and only when that happens, will his administration be able to start dismantling the obama nightmare legally. Until then, he can by executive order (he has a pen and a phone as well, ya know) waive some of these punitive laws for compliance to bad legislation.

Sapidus

did you type this with a straight face :confused:

Yes.

He doesnt get to change laws with a tweet. That is why we have a system of checks and balances. The IRS is complying with the current law. How is that difficult to understand?

Grumpy

:whoosh:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The Internal Revenue Service, in a new policy, says it will block or suspend processing of 2017 income tax returns that do not comply with Obamacare rules requiring filers to disclose their health insurance status"

:yawn: I disclose that I don't have Barrycare compliant garbage insurance.

And then I simply don't pay the fine.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good luck with that. Hope they reposses your rusty trailers

I don't have any "rusty trailers". Why do you lie so incessantly?

I do have quite a few different trailers though...would you like to see pictures of them all? You seem to be obsessed with that, so....

And if you knew spit about the law - you obviously do not - you would know that the IRS is forbidden by law to take any overt collection actions when it comes to unpaid Barrycare fines. None. Zippy.

Ain't life grand?

Sapidus

I don't have any "rusty trailers". Why do you lie so incessantly?

I do have quite a few different trailers though...would you like to see pictures of them all? You seem to be obsessed with that, so....

And if you knew spit about the law - you obviously do not - you would know that the IRS is forbidden by law to take any overt collection actions when it comes to unpaid Barrycare fines. None. Zippy.

Ain't life grand?

Again. Good luck with that. I’ve already seen your grainy pics of your garbage

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Again. Good luck with that. I’ve already seen your grainy pics of your garbage

Links? Or you are just lying...again.

And don't you just love to have your nose rubbed in the fact that you don't know much about anything?.....again. :howdy:

Sapidus

Links? Or you are just lying...again.

And don't you just love to have your nose rubbed in the fact that you don't know much about anything?.....again. :howdy:

Why do i need to link to something you posted? How many times have the IRS been the one to bring charges when they can't get criminals on anything else? I'd watch your accounting and follow the law if I was you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why do i need to link to something you posted? How many times have the IRS been the one to bring charges when they can't get criminals on anything else? I'd watch your accounting and follow the law if I was you.

Because you are lying, that's why. When you are claiming something exists that does not, you need to try and explain yourself, shortbus.

And again..I'll type it more slowly this time so you can understand it: The IRS is forbidden by law from taking ANY action to collect Barrycare fines except for one: They can deduct it from a refund you are owed. Guess what?...I make sure they never owe me a refund.

Ain't life grand?