Metrocast Cable

Just a head's up to all you Metrocast cable customers. If you have auto-pay through your bank, be sure to check your bank account (on-line, if you can) to be sure your account hasn't been charged more than once! Found out yesterday, our bank account was charged FOUR (4) times within the past week. We called the many Metrocast phone numbers until we finally reached the office in Pennsylvania. They acknowledge that, yeah, they've been having some type of "glitch" in their billing, and some people have been charged up to TEN (10) times in the past few days. Wonderful!!! They know they have a "glitch" but have never informed us?

Just a head's up to all you Metrocast cable customers. If you have auto-pay through your bank, be sure to check your bank account (on-line, if you can) to be sure your account hasn't been charged more than once! Found out yesterday, our bank account was charged FOUR (4) times within the past week. We called the many Metrocast phone numbers until we finally reached the office in Pennsylvania. They acknowledge that, yeah, they've been having some type of "glitch" in their billing, and some people have been charged up to TEN (10) times in the past few days. Wonderful!!! They know they have a "glitch" but have never informed us?
That's a lot of overdraft charges racking up they need to pay for.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's a lot of overdraft charges racking up they need to pay for.

Good luck with that

This is why I never allow auto-pay.

Amen sister. I'd rather pay the occasional late fee because something came up, but refuse to sign up for auto pay, not out of the checking account.
I have a few auto pays / renewals tied to one credit card (EZ Pass, and a few minor things)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Amen sister. I'd rather pay the occasional late fee because something came up, but refuse to sign up for auto pay, not out of the checking account.
I have a few auto pays / renewals tied to one credit card (EZ Pass, and a few minor things)
Netflix is the only one and linked to my Visa.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Netflix is the only one and linked to my Visa.

are we married?
That's one of those minor things
I know it is done monthly, I know the amount, It's all on one card, nothing else goes on that card, and I pay it off on time each month (online).
I think the total bill for all the misc items has never been more than 150, most times under 100.

But with a credit card company you can have them put a hold on the charge while it's in dispute
With the bank, that money is gone, the fees are taken out and you are on the hook to fight the party who screwed the pooch.

The other problem with hitting your checking account is if the bank bounces other checks back.
Now you not only have overdraft fees with the bank, you could have any number of people hitting you with returned check fees, late penalties, etc. All because Skippy at MetroCo$t made a mistake.