Empty Barrel : Annnnnddd She Throws The RACE Card

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rep. Wilson: John Kelly Calling Me An 'Empty Barrel' Is Racist

Backed into a corner, Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL), the congresswoman who attacked President Trump over his phone call to a Gold Star widow, is now playing the race card in her duel with White House Chief of Staff John Kelly for defending his boss against her political cheap shots.

Speaking with CNN on Friday morning, Wilson said that John Kelly is a "racist" for calling her an "empty barrel" when criticizing her for listening in to the President's phone call and then using it as an opportunity for political points.

"That's a racist term," Wilson told CNN on Friday morning. "We looked it up in the dictionary because I had never heard of an empty barrel. And I don't like to be dragged into something like that."

Empty barrel simply means someone that makes the most noise, a term that John Kelly has used previously when referring to politicians he feels are out of line. "And a congresswoman stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise," Kelly said when talking about Wilson, whom he felt had violated something sacred by listening in on the call.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Geez, what took her so long? I figured that would be the very next thing out of her...mouth *lol* within seconds of John Kelly's statement.

What did make me laugh was this psycho saying she looked up "empty barrel" in the dictionary. :roflmao:

Nice job, Miami - you folks sure know how to pick 'em.

Hijinx

Well my dictionary doesn't have Empty Barrel in it. It does have empty, and barrel, but not the two together.
Does Wilson have a special edition dictionary, and if so is it an edition printed only for black Representatives?

I did Google it, and found this.
Shakespeare definitely used the phrase an empty vessel makes the loudest sound, but indicated he was quoting a saying he had heard.

Many people say it originated with Plato as an empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers but there’s actually no evidence he said that.
Others say it came down from the Romans as empty pots make the most noise.
Whatever the derivation, it cuttingly uses a simple physical fact that everyone instantly recognizes to minimize insult and downgrade a very loud critic.

Now google didn't infer that it was racist.
The only inference to that comes from Wilson.
I suppose she feels if the shoe fits , wear it. She is definitely a racist./

Rommey

Well my dictionary doesn't have Empty Barrel in it. It does have empty, and barrel, but not the two together.
Does Wilson have a special edition dictionary, and if so is it an edition printed only for black Representatives?

I did Google it, and found this.

Now google didn't infer that it was racist.
The only inference to that comes from Wilson.
I suppose she feels if the shoe fits , wear it. She is definitely a racist./
...and the Urban Dictionary has the definition listed (all added today...):

TOP DEFINITION
empty barrel
Quote by Plato: “An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”
Vessel, empty barrel, drum, can, bucket, brain, or whatever.
by PawPawDog October 20, 2017

empty barrel
Empty barrel is a term used by older generations (baby boomer and older) that refers to a person who exhibits bluster and puts forth loud uniformed opinions to get attention. {attention-seeker} {loud mouth} {liar} {trouble-maker}
That politician is nothing more than an empty barrel.
#obnoxious person #uninformed #attention-seeker
by Philly Wordsmith October 20, 2017

empty barrel
A politician that makes a lot of noise which solves nothing and confuses everyone
Good God, when will these empty barrels shut up and pass some legislation?
by Blasten October 20, 2017

empty barrel
Loud mouthed idiot!
"Congresswoman Wilson is an empty barrel"
by libthumper October 20, 2017

empty barrel
Vacuous
He's really 'book smart' but an empty barrel concerning 'street smarts'.
by badonkeydonk7 October 20, 2017

empty barrel
A really dumb person that doesn't know what they are talking about. Generally a person in power that got there through devious means.
Frederica Wilson is an empty barrel.
#empty barrel #politician
by Dawoehl October 20, 2017

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Geez, what took her so long? I figured that would be the very next thing out of her...mouth *lol* within seconds of John Kelly's statement.

What did make me laugh was this psycho saying she looked up "empty barrel" in the dictionary. :roflmao:

Nice job, Miami - you folks sure know how to pick 'em.

Right?!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Y IMG_0881.JPG

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rep. Frederica Wilson Breaks Silence AGAIN, Accuses White House of 'White Supremacy'
Wilson says the Trump Administration is “full of white supremacists.”

Wilson received nearly unfiorm blowback for her comments, and her office pledged she'd respect a self-imposed silence on the matter. Clearly unwilling to give up the attention the White House conflict has directed her way - she claimed Friday that the incident made her a "rock star" - Wilson went on a tear to the NYT late Friday.

"I feel very sorry for [Kelly] because he feels such a need to lie on me and I’m not even his enemy,” Wilson said. “I just can’t even imagine why he would fabricate something like that. That is absolutely insane. I’m just flabbergasted because it’s very easy to trace.”

She went on to accuse the Trump White House of racism, saying, “The White House itself is full of white supremacists."

That same White House, she continued, is trying “assassinate [her] character.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Crazy Maxine Waters Comes To Defense Of 'Wacky' Frederica Wilson

Waters went on a Twitter tirade on Saturday.

General Kelly has lied. Rep. Wilson has conducted herself w/ dignity. The only empty barrel I see is the one in the Oval Office.

— Maxine Waters (@RepMaxineWaters) October 21, 2017
Trump has no business calling anyone "wacky" when his own Sec. of State is ashamed of him and thinks he's a moron.

Even the most honorable people are not immune to being overtaken by the filth wreaking from the Trump White House day after day.

What is it about the Trump White House that transforms everyone into liars?

General Kelly has lied. Rep. Wilson has conducted herself w/ dignity. The only empty barrel I see is the one in the Oval Office.

If the wife and family of Sgt. Johnson feel they were disrespected by Trump, then they were disrespected. Period!

Gen. Kelly, you earned 4 stars & had a successful career. Now you've fallen prey to a "moron" in an effort to protect his career. Apologize.

I hope that the Honorable @RepWilson feels vindicated & relieved by the release of the videotape & her comments at the FBI building.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How do such stump-stupid people get elected? Wilson, Waters, Lee, etc...peas in pod...er..empty barrel..

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Remember Andre 'Dirty' Waters with the Philadelphia Eagles, who incidentally shot himself in the head? Looks like we have a new 'Dirty' Waters! :yay: I specifically did not call her 'Muddy' Waters because mud is brown and racist, and I am by no means a supreme being that happens to be white. :shrug:

P.S. I wonder if our fallen service member would be embarrassed to death by his wife's, and Freddie's, treachery? Maybe that explains why he volunteered for over seas duty?:ohwell:

Hijinx

I hate to add to this sorry thread, but has anyone actually heard Mr.s Johnson say she felt hurt by President Trumps call.

All I hear is the two "Honorable" members of the racist Congressional Black Caucus flapping their bigoted gums.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rep. Wilson Demands 'Puppet' Gen. Kelly Apologize For 'Character Assassination'
"I guess you could say he was a puppet of the president and what he was trying to do was divert the attention away from the president on to me ..."

"I guess you could say [John Kelly] was a puppet of the president, and what he was trying to do was divert the attention away from the president on to me, and he basically just lied on me," said Rep. Wilson. "I don't appreciate people lying on me. And that’s what he did."

Claiming she usually lets this kind of thing roll off her back, Wilson said she could not stand by silent in the face of a supposed "character assassination" and what she alleges are racially charged comments.

"I have been in politics a long time, and most things don't bother me, you know, it just rolls off my back," she said. "I have been lied on before, but the character assassination that he went through to call me out of my name — an 'empty barrel' — and all the work that I've done in this community ..."

Despite the phrase "empty barrel" simply meaning the person who clamors the loudest, having no racial connotations, and being a phrase that Kelly has used in the past, Wilson claims it is "racist."