Broaddrick Calls Out Lewinsky

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Sunday, Monica Lewinsky — the former White House intern with whom then-President Bill Clinton had a sexual affair when she was just 22-years-old — included herself in the "#MeToo" hashtag movement. On Thursday, Juanita Broaddrick, who has accused Clinton for decades of raping her in the 1970s, responded to Lewinsky's tweet by slamming her for her "deafening" silence when Clinton's accusers most "needed your voice."

Started by actress Alyssa Milano, the "#MeToo" hashtag is intended to signal having been sexually harassed or assaulted. Lewinsky joined the "movement" on Sunday, tweeting "#MeToo" and linking to the Women's March post:

"To all the women sharing stories of sexual assault and sexual harassment, thank you for your bravery to speak up. You are not alone. #MeToo."

A few days later, Broaddrick issued a few tweets of her own, accusing Lewinsky of having failed to lend her voice on the sexual behavior of Clinton when it was desperately needed.

"Your silence was deafening in the 90's when Kathleen [Willey], Paula [Jones] and I needed your voice," wrote Broaddrick.

"Better late than never Monica Lewinsky's ME TOO. I have always felt sad for you,but where were you when we needed you?" she added.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22528/monica-lewinsky-tweets-metoo-clinton-accuser-james-barrett

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I immediately reject anything with the defining characteristic of "me too". I also question what exactly some of these bandwagon jumpers consider "sexual assault or harassment". If Monica Lewinsky is referring to her affair with Bill Clinton, she was neither assaulted nor was she harassed - she was a willing participant and consensual partner.

I'm guessing that if you loosely define it, all women have been the recipient of unwanted sexual attention at some point in their life. But that is NOT the same as being raped or forced into a sexual relationship. (PS, screwing the boss to get ahead isn't sexual harassment - that's you using what you got to get what you want.)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If Monica Lewinsky is referring to her affair with Bill Clinton, she was neither assaulted nor was she harassed - she was a willing participant and consensual partner.

but but but ...... she was a young intern working at the White House

would you tell your boss 'the president' no, if he wanted a hummet

Hijinx

I immediately reject anything with the defining characteristic of "me too". I also question what exactly some of these bandwagon jumpers consider "sexual assault or harassment". If Monica Lewinsky is referring to her affair with Bill Clinton, she was neither assaulted nor was she harassed - she was a willing participant and consensual partner.

I'm guessing that if you loosely define it, all women have been the recipient of unwanted sexual attention at some point in their life. But that is NOT the same as being raped or forced into a sexual relationship. (PS, screwing the boss to get ahead isn't sexual harassment - that's you using what you got to get what you want.)

It's gotten to the point where men are afraid to say " You look really good this morning "to a fellow worker.
If a woman walks around in those Yoga pants so tight that her genital lips are showing, I suppose it is harassment to look.
To stare might even be a felony.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
would you tell your boss 'the president' no, if he wanted a hummet

My understanding, from Lewinsky herself, is that she came onto him and behaved provocatively to entice him. Which does not excuse Willie Jeff's behavior - his response is absolutely on him, and lying about it under oath is on him as well. But she has never portrayed herself as an innocent victim.

terbear1225

My understanding, from Lewinsky herself, is that she came onto him and behaved provocatively to entice him. Which does not excuse Willie Jeff's behavior - his response is absolutely on him, and lying about it under oath is on him as well. But she has never portrayed herself as an innocent victim.

Just because she was willing in that incident does not mean that there isn't something else that we are not aware of.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just because she was willing in that incident does not mean that there isn't something else that we are not aware of.

I addressed that in my initial post - that if she is referring to her affair with Willie Jeff, she is stretching hard to be included.

Toxick

Splat
On Sunday, Monica Lewinsky — the former White House intern with whom then-President Bill Clinton had a sexual affair when she was just 22-years-old — included herself in the "#MeToo" hashtag movement.

My first instinct was to find a spit-take-laughter meme ... but nothing is appropriate because it implied that I find sexual assault and/or harassment something to be laughed at and shrugged off. It is most definitely not - so I will not engage in derisive laughter because that is an inappropriate reaction.

Brodderick's reaction is far more mature, appropriate and she's a better person than I am.

Maybe she's not talking about Bill.

terbear1225

I addressed that in my initial post - that if she is referring to her affair with Willie Jeff, she is stretching hard to be included.

sorry, didn't make it clear that I wasn't disagreeing with you more with those who didn't think she had a legitimate reason to post her #metoo. It's entirely possible that there is an incident in her past that wasn't consensual.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I certainly don't want to disparage Juanita Broaddrick - she has an awful lot of courage and I admire her immensely. But expecting a very young woman to have that same courage when she is being dogpiled on hard by the Democrat media, called every name in the book and threatened with death by FOBs, attacked on late night TV, not to mention being threatened by none other than Scarface Hillary herself, is unrealistic. I felt sorry for that girl and fully understood why she just wanted to lay low and not expose herself to anymore ugliness. The Left seemed to forget that Bill was involved as well, considering the way they focused their vile attacks on the 22 year old girl.

I think Broadderick's criticism is unwarranted.

Midnightrider

exactly, Monica wasn’t harassed or assaulted by slick willie. Besides, she didn’t say she was, she could have been talking about anyone else......