Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires for 2013 Toyota Camry LE

Blog Entries

Tires for 2013 Toyota Camry LE

Looking to replace the original Michelins without spending the money on replacement Michelins, which is outrageous.

Anyhoo, the car is a 2013 Toyota Camry LE and the tire size is 205/65R16. I am considering these but have never had Firestone tires before:

http://www.tiresplus.com/tires/brand...one/fr710/2379

Seems to be a good tire at a good price. I also have gotten tires from there before and have been pleased with their service. Thoughts? Better ideas?

I also know two of the tire pressure sensors are bad and need to be replaced. Should I get those done at the same time or go to the dealer?

TIA!

Curtis Tire, Great Mills Rd

I did a quick search of Michelin 205/65R16. Not that I'd buy from WalMart, but they had a Michelin Energy Saver for $124.

I'd do a little more shopping. See if Curtis in Great Mills can do something for you.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

I have had good performance with the Toyo's I put on my 1995 Saturn

Toyo Extensa A/S either a 195 stock or 205 [for my car]

65k warranty

not that you are going to drive to Silver Spring
    - but Radial Tire always too good care of me, my wife has used them since the mid 90s
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    Curtis Tire, Great Mills Rd
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I did a quick search of Michelin 205/65R16. Not that I'd buy from WalMart, but they had a Michelin Energy Saver for $124.

I'd do a little more shopping. See if Curtis in Great Mills can do something for you.
    The problem with Curtis is time. Their hours do not work well with my schedule:

M-F: 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
    Sat: 8:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
    Sun: Closed

But I did go to their website and request quotes for several tires so I will see if it is worth it to go there. Thanks! And GWGuy I am very hesitant to get tires from Walmart again. It was a nightmare the first time and I really don't want to relive it.

I really like Michelin's. They are a good, solid tire and wear very well. I was curious about their pricing for your car and found this website below. I used a St. Mary's zip code (but it showed the same price as when I used a Calvert zip code). The price for their Premier All Season is not that bad. I guess it depends on the place you are getting them from with their markup, and installation and other taxes/fees.

https://www.michelinman.com/find?sea...&zipCode=20686

Also, if you are a member of Sam's Club, you can get tires done pretty cheap there. Here is their Waldorf site:
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/search...equestid=70058

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    I have had good performance with the Toyo's I put on my 1995 Saturn

Toyo Extensa A/S either a 195 stock or 205 [for my car]

65k warranty

not that you are going to drive to Silver Spring
    - but Radial Tire always too good care of me, my wife has used them since the mid 90s
    No, I have a very short commute distance-wise but am planning on some distance traveling soon. I will look at those, too. Thanks!

General, Hankook, and Cooper are all good discount tires. I ran three sets of the Generals on the SRT where I hammered them pretty hard and they both held the road well, and lasted pretty well too. I have set on them on the beater 2001 BMW and they are long lasting and handle winter fine. I ran two sets of Hankooks on the Charger also and like them too. ( Charger had 175K when I sold it and up until the Generals, went through a set ever 20K :))

A few points to remember. Long life is bought with traction. So while a 70,0000 treadwear sounds great, that means the compound is harder and there for has a bit less grip. Same for tires touting fuel savings, that sort of tire by design has less traction. You dont need the pencil erasers I usually put on the Charger, but Big Wheel class tires (long wearing or fuel saving) are a compromise in the other direction, so be aware of that.

About the sensors, how do you know they are bad? Maybe just a reset needed?
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    General, Hankook, and Cooper are all good discount tires. I ran three sets of the Generals on the SRT where I hammered them pretty hard and they both held the road well, and lasted pretty well too. I have set on them on the beater 2001 BMW and they are long lasting and handle winter fine. I ran two sets of Hankooks on the Charger also and like them too. ( Charger had 175K when I sold it and up until the Generals, went through a set ever 20K :))

A few points to remember. Long life is bought with traction. So while a 70,0000 treadwear sounds great, that means the compound is harder and there for has a bit less grip. Same for tires touting fuel savings, that sort of tire by design has less traction. You dont need the pencil erasers I usually put on the Charger, but Big Wheel class tires (long wearing or fuel saving) are a compromise in the other direction, so be aware of that.
    Good info. Thanks!

About the sensors, how do you know they are bad? Maybe just a reset needed?
    The low pressure tire light is on and won't go off. I had a flat tire over the summer and when Southern Tire repaired it, they checked the sensors on all 4 tires and said two were bad. I didn't have the money then to have them fixed so I figured while I'm getting new tires I will get them fixed too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NextJen View Post
    I really like Michelin's. They are a good, solid tire and wear very well. I was curious about their pricing for your car and found this website below. I used a St. Mary's zip code (but it showed the same price as when I used a Calvert zip code). The price for their Premier All Season is not that bad. I guess it depends on the place you are getting them from with their markup, and installation and other taxes/fees.

https://www.michelinman.com/find?sea...&zipCode=20686

Also, if you are a member of Sam's Club, you can get tires done pretty cheap there. Here is their Waldorf site:
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/search...equestid=70058

Good luck!
    Thanks. I love Michelins also and am trying to fight my love of them with my pocketbook which says no way.

I am not a member of Sam's Club anymore plus I live in Solomons and work in the California area, so I am trying to stay as local as possible.

Members who have read this thread: 30