Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Tires for 2013 Toyota Camry LE

  1. #1
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    41,173
    Blog Entries
    5

    Tires for 2013 Toyota Camry LE

    Looking to replace the original Michelins without spending the money on replacement Michelins, which is outrageous.

    Anyhoo, the car is a 2013 Toyota Camry LE and the tire size is 205/65R16. I am considering these but have never had Firestone tires before:

    http://www.tiresplus.com/tires/brand...one/fr710/2379

    Seems to be a good tire at a good price. I also have gotten tires from there before and have been pleased with their service. Thoughts? Better ideas?

    I also know two of the tire pressure sensors are bad and need to be replaced. Should I get those done at the same time or go to the dealer?

    TIA!

  2. #2
    Curtis Tire, Great Mills Rd

  3. #3
    I did a quick search of Michelin 205/65R16. Not that I'd buy from WalMart, but they had a Michelin Energy Saver for $124.

    I'd do a little more shopping. See if Curtis in Great Mills can do something for you.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

  4. #4
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,378
    I have had good performance with the Toyo's I put on my 1995 Saturn


    Toyo Extensa A/S either a 195 stock or 205 [for my car]

    65k warranty


    not that you are going to drive to Silver Spring
    - but Radial Tire always too good care of me, my wife has used them since the mid 90s
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  5. #5
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    41,173
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    Curtis Tire, Great Mills Rd
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I did a quick search of Michelin 205/65R16. Not that I'd buy from WalMart, but they had a Michelin Energy Saver for $124.

    I'd do a little more shopping. See if Curtis in Great Mills can do something for you.
    The problem with Curtis is time. Their hours do not work well with my schedule:

    M-F: 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
    Sat: 8:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
    Sun: Closed

    But I did go to their website and request quotes for several tires so I will see if it is worth it to go there. Thanks! And GWGuy I am very hesitant to get tires from Walmart again. It was a nightmare the first time and I really don't want to relive it.

  6. #6
    I really like Michelin's. They are a good, solid tire and wear very well. I was curious about their pricing for your car and found this website below. I used a St. Mary's zip code (but it showed the same price as when I used a Calvert zip code). The price for their Premier All Season is not that bad. I guess it depends on the place you are getting them from with their markup, and installation and other taxes/fees.

    https://www.michelinman.com/find?sea...&zipCode=20686

    Also, if you are a member of Sam's Club, you can get tires done pretty cheap there. Here is their Waldorf site:
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/search...equestid=70058

    Good luck!

  7. #7
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    41,173
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    I have had good performance with the Toyo's I put on my 1995 Saturn


    Toyo Extensa A/S either a 195 stock or 205 [for my car]

    65k warranty


    not that you are going to drive to Silver Spring
    - but Radial Tire always too good care of me, my wife has used them since the mid 90s
    No, I have a very short commute distance-wise but am planning on some distance traveling soon. I will look at those, too. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Power with Control glhs837's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    19,627
    General, Hankook, and Cooper are all good discount tires. I ran three sets of the Generals on the SRT where I hammered them pretty hard and they both held the road well, and lasted pretty well too. I have set on them on the beater 2001 BMW and they are long lasting and handle winter fine. I ran two sets of Hankooks on the Charger also and like them too. ( Charger had 175K when I sold it and up until the Generals, went through a set ever 20K :))

    A few points to remember. Long life is bought with traction. So while a 70,0000 treadwear sounds great, that means the compound is harder and there for has a bit less grip. Same for tires touting fuel savings, that sort of tire by design has less traction. You dont need the pencil erasers I usually put on the Charger, but Big Wheel class tires (long wearing or fuel saving) are a compromise in the other direction, so be aware of that.

    About the sensors, how do you know they are bad? Maybe just a reset needed?
    "I aim to misbehave."

  9. #9
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    41,173
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    General, Hankook, and Cooper are all good discount tires. I ran three sets of the Generals on the SRT where I hammered them pretty hard and they both held the road well, and lasted pretty well too. I have set on them on the beater 2001 BMW and they are long lasting and handle winter fine. I ran two sets of Hankooks on the Charger also and like them too. ( Charger had 175K when I sold it and up until the Generals, went through a set ever 20K :))

    A few points to remember. Long life is bought with traction. So while a 70,0000 treadwear sounds great, that means the compound is harder and there for has a bit less grip. Same for tires touting fuel savings, that sort of tire by design has less traction. You dont need the pencil erasers I usually put on the Charger, but Big Wheel class tires (long wearing or fuel saving) are a compromise in the other direction, so be aware of that.
    Good info. Thanks!

    About the sensors, how do you know they are bad? Maybe just a reset needed?
    The low pressure tire light is on and won't go off. I had a flat tire over the summer and when Southern Tire repaired it, they checked the sensors on all 4 tires and said two were bad. I didn't have the money then to have them fixed so I figured while I'm getting new tires I will get them fixed too.

  10. #10
    ~*~ rara avis ~*~ jazz lady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    41,173
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by NextJen View Post
    I really like Michelin's. They are a good, solid tire and wear very well. I was curious about their pricing for your car and found this website below. I used a St. Mary's zip code (but it showed the same price as when I used a Calvert zip code). The price for their Premier All Season is not that bad. I guess it depends on the place you are getting them from with their markup, and installation and other taxes/fees.

    https://www.michelinman.com/find?sea...&zipCode=20686

    Also, if you are a member of Sam's Club, you can get tires done pretty cheap there. Here is their Waldorf site:
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/search...equestid=70058

    Good luck!
    Thanks. I love Michelins also and am trying to fight my love of them with my pocketbook which says no way.

    I am not a member of Sam's Club anymore plus I live in Solomons and work in the California area, so I am trying to stay as local as possible.

Members who have read this thread: 30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |