Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires for 2013 Toyota Camry LE

Beware of buying Club Tires, many times they are made just for the clubs to sell and they don't hold the same specs as the tires that are not sold at clubs like BJ's, Sam's, Costco and the like..
    I also would suggest that you buy the Michelin's.. You can easily order them online and have them mounted and balanced locally, like at Tire Barn, I believe they have evening hours.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

I like Mr. Tire. The price online is "on the rim and out the door" which differs from some places that show a super cheap tire online, then charge another $100+ to mount and balance them.

For the TPMS sensors, go to RockAuto.com and buy 4 of them. I just replaced mine on my Tahoe for $120 and Mr. Tire "programmed" them for another $15 when I had the tires replaced.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Beware of buying Club Tires, many times they are made just for the clubs to sell and they don't hold the same specs as the tires that are not sold at clubs like BJ's, Sam's, Costco and the like..
    I also would suggest that you buy the Michelin's.. You can easily order them online and have them mounted and balanced locally, like at Tire Barn, I believe they have evening hours.
    I learned that with tires from BJ's. They definitely weren't the same and I had to go back several times because they didn't mount them properly, which crimped the valve stem and caused slow leaks.

I am going to crunch the numbers, evaluate my options, and see if Michelins are doable.

When I clicked your link the site quoted a price of "$176.46/tire. When I did a search on the site for your vehicle, I got $76.46... ?

The Firestone and Bridgestone are good tire values
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airgasm View Post
    When I clicked your link the site quoted a price of "$176.46/tire. When I did a search on the site for your vehicle, I got $76.46... ?

The Firestone and Bridgestone are good tire values
    It did the same thing when I clicked on it, then refreshed to say $76.49. It may have something to do with putting in the store where you are going to purchase them, which I had already.

I think I am going to go with these. I clicked the 'calculate out-of-door price' and the total is $403.89:

Name:  tire quote.PNG
Views: 61
Size:  24.0 KB

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    It did the same thing when I clicked on it, then refreshed to say $76.49. It may have something to do with putting in the store where you are going to purchase them, which I had already.

I think I am going to go with these. I clicked the 'calculate out-of-door price' and the total is $403.89:

Name:  tire quote.PNG
Views: 61
Size:  24.0 KB

Thanks.
    YW!

The Lifetime tire rotation is a nice benefit and the "free Tire/Wheel Alignment Check". The operative word is check, if its out, then additional costs may incur? You may also consider the road hazard coverage, I learned the hard way on this one. The industry has cracked-down on using plugs for tire repair, patches only, and if the puncture is to close to the out edge of the tire, the tire will have to be replaced.
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airgasm View Post
    YW!

The Lifetime tire rotation is a nice benefit and the "free Tire/Wheel Alignment Check". The operative word is check, if its out, then additional costs may incur?
    I am sure $$$ will be involved.

You may also consider the road hazard coverage, I learned the hard way on this one. The industry has cracked-down on using plugs for tire repair, patches only, and if the puncture is to close to the out edge of the tire, the tire will have to be replaced.
    Yes, I could have used that for my flat this summer. God bless my former coworker for putting on the baby spare in the pouring rain. When I got to Southern Tire, they showed me a nice 3 or 4 inch long piece of metal they took out from my tire. I will check with them when I get the tires, hopefully tomorrow. I am leery of going far with the patch, wear, and dry rot of the tires.

I would get a second opinion on the sensors. Some need a simple reset.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    I would get a second opinion on the sensors. Some need a simple reset.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if they were trying to up sell me something or not. I didn't bite.

I have an appointment at 1 tomorrow for the tires. Don't think I will mention anything about the sensors and see what they say.
    Last edited by jazz lady; 10-20-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Some systems, the sensors are positional, and if they end up in the wrong place and trip a code. In such cases, a reset can fix it.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 30