A question for Sap, MR, Transporter, et al...

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have stated multiple times on here that I have no problem with the NFL players protesting; I just feel they are choosing the wrong time to do it. But I want to give some attention to the legitimacy of their complaint. As I understand it, their core complaint is cops shooting black people. So here are my questions:

1. Show me stats that black people are being shot by cops more often than white people.
2. Show me where cops are shooting black people without cause more often than any other race.
3. What do you propose be done about this problem?

It's one thing to protest and complain about something, but it's empty when there no specific demands for change.

Sapidus

I have stated multiple times on here that I have no problem with the NFL players protesting; I just feel they are choosing the wrong time to do it. But I want to give some attention to the legitimacy of their complaint. As I understand it, their core complaint is cops shooting black people. So here are my questions:

1. Show me stats that black people are being shot by cops more often than white people.
2. Show me where cops are shooting black people without cause more often than any other race.

It's one thing to protest and complain about something, but it's empty when there no specific demands for change.

I’ll play.

1. No one is saying that.

2. It’s impossible to prove. There is no way to prove that there wasn’t cause as the judicial system is complicit and continually fails to holds these few problematic police officers accountable despite video, dashcam
And eye witness testimony.

3. Retraining , mandatory body cams at all times.

Going back to Rodney King it is clear that some police use excessive force against POC more often than white people. Or that violence escalates more quickly when a POC is involved. Despite clear video evidence Those officers were acquited. This problem is not a new one. Part of the issue I believe is police officers in general not willing to call out there own no matter their behavior, drugs, sexual harrasment , violence, planting evidence.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I’ll play.

1. No one is saying that.

2. It’s impossible to prove. There is no way to prove that there wasn’t cause as the judicial system is complicit and continually fails to holds these few problematic police officers accountable despite video, dashcam
And eye witness testimony.

3. Retraining , mandatory body cams at all times.

Going back to Rodney King it is clear that some police use excessive force against POC more often than white people. Or that violence escalates more quickly when a POC is involved. Despite clear video evidence Those officers were acquited. This problem is not a new one. Part of the issue I believe is police officers in general not willing to call out there own no matter their behavior, drugs, sexual harrasment , violence, planting evidence.

If no one is saying that, then why did you go on to say just that? You said it's impossible to prove then go on to say, because of one incident, it's clear that cops use excessive force against blacks more than whites.

If no one is saying that, what are these kneelers saying? You're taking this back to not truly knowing what they are protesting. I am trying to open my mind to this. What specifically are they protesting, and what are their demands?

transporter

Since you insist on including me in this group, I'll be happy to reply.

First point: learn to read. I have at no point stated that I agree with Kapernick and his protest. I also at no point stated that I have any compassion for BLM. I also at no point have stated that police are targeting minorities.

Second point: get your head out of your rectum.

Third point: as for NFL players kneeling. Why are they kneeling? If, as in Kapernick's situation they are doing it to "protest', I agree they should not do this. They have every right to do so but I disagree with it. If you are referring to locking arms or entire teams kneeling as a sign of protest against the stupidity of our President, I wholeheartedly agree. When the President of the United States (who swears an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution) publicly proclaims that private business owners should fire their employees for a free speech related issue, then every American should kneel in protest. Or, maybe more precisely stated, Americans who understand the oath the President takes and the basic foundational principles of this country should protest the words of the President. Those whose only source of information is propaganda websites will never understand any issue.

Good enough for you? Or do you need me to write it in crayon?

Hijinx

First point: learn to read. I have at no point stated that I agree with Kapernick and his protest. I also at no point stated that I have any compassion for BLM. I also at no point have stated that police are targeting minorities.

Third point: as for NFL players kneeling. Why are they kneeling? If, as in Kapernick's situation they are doing it to "protest', I agree they should not do this. They have every right to do so but I disagree with it. If you are referring to locking arms or entire teams kneeling as a sign of protest against the stupidity of our President, I wholeheartedly agree. When the President of the United States (who swears an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution) publicly proclaims that private business owners should fire their employees for a free speech related issue, then every American should kneel in protest. Or, maybe more precisely stated, Americans who understand the oath the President takes and the basic foundational principles of this country should protest the words of the President. Those whose only source of information is propaganda websites will never understand any issue.

Again the person who's head is most inserted in the rectum brings that up on someone else.

As for the football players. The whole thing is just black racism. It's just that simple.
And the NFL playing along because hey have no balls.

(Obviously they have footballs I was referring to testicles.)

Sapidus

If no one is saying that, then why did you go on to say just that? You said it's impossible to prove then go on to say, because of one incident, it's clear that cops use excessive force against blacks more than whites.

If no one is saying that, what are these kneelers saying? You're taking this back to not truly knowing what they are protesting. I am trying to open my mind to this. What specifically are they protesting, and what are their demands?

I said no one is saying blacks are shot more often than whites.
However in many instances violence escalates much more quickly against blacks and they are treated rougher than a white person would be in the exact same scenario.
I have no doubt that a white Philandro Castile would be alive today if he acted in the exact same way.

All too often the police are not held accountable for their actions after the fact by their departments or the judicial system.

black dog

Free America
All too often the police are not held accountable for their actions after the fact by their departments or the judicial system.

But yet these jury's that acquit are across the Great Land we live in. It's not like it's one or two city's that have this problem, Maybe it could be they we innocent to begin with..
Certainly we occasionally have jury nullification, but I would not believe it's just happening the white officers. Jury's tend to be a mixed pool...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I said no one is saying blacks are shot more often than whites.
However in many instances violence escalates much more quickly against blacks and they are treated rougher than a white person would be in the exact same scenario.
I have no doubt that a white Philandro Castile would be alive today if he acted in the exact same way.

Would a black Justine Ruszczyk have been shot as quickly?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Good ole TJ. I missed your insults. :bigwhoop:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Is this just your belief, or do you have stats to back it up?

Midnightrider

i will 9nly add that BLM isn’t just about blacks being killed by cops, it’s about there not being an investigation or prosecution in cases like Eric garner. It’s about the perception that the police Have free reign to harass blacks during stops, etc.

That’s an excellent response, I see it stymied ol’ Psy. He should ask these stupid question if he doesn’t want to hear the response, and he shouldn’t call people out if he doesn’t want to be insulted

black dog

Free America
So one example of a white women negates the dozens of black examples?

Thousands of negros shot dead by other negros and you are consumed with a few..
I'm quite sure if Whitey and all his Privileges you all say we have if we truly wanted you all gone, you would already he ####ing gone..

Sapidus

Thousands of negros shot dead by other negros and you are consumed with a few..
I'm quite sure if Whitey and all his Privileges you all say we have if we truly wanted you all gone, you would already he ####ing gone..

You continue to show your ignorance. Do we only focus on one type of cancer since other kills so many people what’s the point of trying to cure one? Also I’m white you idiot.

Sapidus

I missed your answer to whether you have data or just opinion based on the anecdotes the media chooses to report

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

But as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...han-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/

This_person

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

But as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...han-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/

So, they're 24% of those fatally shot AND killed? But, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks accounted for 39.4% of the prison and jail population in 2009, while non-Hispanic whites were 34.2%. Seems like they should be slightly higher a number vice lower, since they are more likely to be involved with the police.

Are they arrested more because of racism?

Well, no. The probability of arrest given the commission of a crime is higher for whites than it is for blacks for robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault, whereas for rape the probability of arrest is approximately equal across offender race. The disparity in arrest rate between criminals who are white and black (and presumably other races) is an interesting fact. It suggests that the over-representation of blacks in the criminal justice system is not consistent with the interpretation that black criminals are more likely to be targeted for arrest.

Sorry.

Hijinx

I bet if I looked I could find a statistic that said that blacks are 2.5 times as likely to start some sh1t with a police officer as whites.