Thread: 'I always call on my black women students first'

'I always call on my black women students first'

'I always call on my black women students first': Penn teaching assistant under fire for saying she won't call on white male students in class

• Stephanie McKellop, a Ph.D. student studying marriage and family (using them, they pronouns), has since set their tweets to private
    • They shared that they were trying to encourage classroom participation by minority students
    • 'I will always call on my Black women students first. Other POC get second tier priority. [White Women] come next. And, if I have to, white men,' they said
    • In subsequent post, McKellop explains that the tactic - called progressive stacking - was one learned from a professor in undergrad
    • A lot of people on social media have labeled the teacher - a white person - racist for the sentiments
    • But the student has also received numerous calls of support from fellow students, faculty and others on social media
    • McKellop alleged that the university was preventing them from attending lecture but the school released a statement refuting the claim

In subsequent post, McKellop explains that the tactic - called progressive stacking - was one learned from a professor in undergrad.

'In normal life, who has the easiest time speaking, most opportunities? Flip it,' they added.

'The classroom is the place YOU get to control social setting.'

McKellop would continue to tweet about the reaction they were receiving for teaching the method and added:

'Penn thinks I'm racist and discriminatory towards my students for using a very well worn pedagogical tactic which includes calling on [people of color].'

[clip]

'McKellop 'fully advocates' for her students by imposing her racial & gender prejudices & discriminating against them by race & gender,' said one user.

ah yes, racism of the left
    Last edited by GURPS; 10-22-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    'I always call on my black women students first': Penn teaching assistant under fire for saying she won't call on white male students in class

• Stephanie McKellop, a Ph.D. student studying marriage and family (using them, they pronouns), has since set their tweets to private
    • They shared that they were trying to encourage classroom participation by minority students
    • 'I will always call on my Black women students first. Other POC get second tier priority. [White Women] come next. And, if I have to, white men,' they said
    • In subsequent post, McKellop explains that the tactic - called progressive stacking - was one learned from a professor in undergrad
    • A lot of people on social media have labeled the teacher - a white person - racist for the sentiments
    • But the student has also received numerous calls of support from fellow students, faculty and others on social media
    • McKellop alleged that the university was preventing them from attending lecture but the school released a statement refuting the claim

In subsequent post, McKellop explains that the tactic - called progressive stacking - was one learned from a professor in undergrad.

'In normal life, who has the easiest time speaking, most opportunities? Flip it,' they added.

'The classroom is the place YOU get to control social setting.'

McKellop would continue to tweet about the reaction they were receiving for teaching the method and added:

'Penn thinks I'm racist and discriminatory towards my students for using a very well worn pedagogical tactic which includes calling on [people of color].'

[clip]

'McKellop 'fully advocates' for her students by imposing her racial & gender prejudices & discriminating against them by race & gender,' said one user.

ah yes, racism of the left
    So I guess the white males get to just f*ck off and get an A for participating.
    Go back and search before you rock back that Pez dispenser of Stupid called a mouth. ~ Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Rommey View Post
    So I guess the white males get to just f*ck off and get an A for participating.
    What ever happened to just going to college to learn something that could be useful in your future to help you make a better salary and be able to raise a decent family.
    WTF is going on in college today with these HORSE SH!T courses?

I remember nobody ever wanting to answer for fear of being wrong. In my engineering classes of 30-50 some times I was the only one who wanted to participate, hell with staying anonymous I was paying for that #### I was going to participate.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

This makes sense. The best way to right a wrong is with another wrong, right?

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    This makes sense. The best way to right a wrong is with another wrong, right?
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do...
    Go back and search before you rock back that Pez dispenser of Stupid called a mouth. ~ Pete

Members who have read this thread: 53