3 Dead after driver fled police

officeguy

Do you think the two passengers were screaming right before that big flash and the sudden stop?

Just as drunk as the driver. Still, their relatives are going to sue the county for putting that tree and the curb in his path. Oh, and Honda for making a car that doesn't protect against a 80mph impact.

black dog

Free America
Just as drunk as the driver. Still, their relatives are going to sue the county for putting that tree and the curb in his path. Oh, and Honda for making a car that doesn't protect against a 80mph impact.

Most likely, and don't forget suing the officer..

officeguy

Most likely, and don't forget suing the officer..

That's much harder. Qualified immunity etc.

Much easier to sue the county or the state over some technicality to do with road markings, signage or reflectors. I mean how was dumdum supposed to know that Old Washington makes a 'T' on Billingsley and that the gas station and headlights he saw ahead were on Crain Hwy and not a continuation of 925 ? Are we sure that there is a directional arrow on the traffic island that tells him that there was no left turn ? Did everything conform to the recommendations of the US association of traffic engineers ? Any mention of the fact that he was fleeing from the police and going 100mph in a 25 zone will be prohibited by the judge as 'prejudicial'. Oh, and that tree. Is it truly outside of the 20ft right of way required for a highway with a speed limit over 45? Doesn't matter that he hit the tree coming from behind, all that matters is that someone sometime wrote a memo in the roads department suggesting that the tree should be cut.

black dog

Free America
I wonder if they caught alittle air when they crossed the railroad tracks? Did they make it to the tracks?

officeguy

I wonder if they caught alittle air when they crossed the railroad tracks? Did they make it to the tracks?

MSP says he did. I'll have to swing by tomorrow and look at the scene. He didn't come down Billlingsley where the tracks are. He came down Old Washington (MD925) from Waldorf proper, crossed Billingsley, went airborne at the center curb, crossed the dirt ripped up from the Panda pipeline project and wrapped himself around the tree.

Billingsley_Crain.jpg

Wawa_tree.jpg

Last edited:

officeguy

Stopped by today. First jump was about 50 yards. Second one maybe 15. Unfortunately he girdled the tree, so in addition to one idiot, the world is also losing a tree. Good thing the tree was there, kept the car from going into oncoming traffic on 301.

black dog

Free America
Stopped by today. First jump was about 50 yards. Second one maybe 15. Unfortunately he girdled the tree, so in addition to one idiot, the world is also losing a tree. Good thing the tree was there, kept the car from going into oncoming traffic on 301.

50 yards,,,, he must've been trying to break Evils record..