wanted: reclaimed wood for interior wall project

PeoplesElbow

I know it is a trend right now, but I want to caution you in that alot of that wood has south east Asian origins and any pallet that comes from there has to be chemically treated so as to avoid invasive insects. This means any pallet wood you find, unless you know its origins, is pumped full of insecticides and is most likely not good to have in your living area.

Hannibal

Does anyone where I can get reclaimed wood to hang on one of my walls in my house?

Unless there is a need to utilize reclaimed wood for some other purpose, if you're going for the look/appearance of reclaimed wood (greyed, etc.), you should look up the process in giving new wood the reclaimed look. It's easy to do. It's safe as it doesn't expose you and your family to things that may be on wood of unknown origin. It also has a better shelf life.

You basically hammer, scratch, ding, etc. (to your hearts content - as little or as much as you'd like). You can then use a solution that utilizes steel wool or even tea. I've done it a few times with great success. It really comes in handy for something quick where you don't feel like running around looking for wood (and then having to treat/prep it).

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Does anyone where I can get reclaimed wood to hang on one of my walls in my house?

I would recommend dry rough cut lumber.
We have that in our basement. Not on the walls, but the utility and bathroom doors are built with old dry rough cut lumber (stained). They look like barn style doors.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I would recommend dry rough cut lumber.
We have that in our basement. Not on the walls, but the utility and bathroom doors are built with old dry rough cut lumber (stained). They look like barn style doors.

That is what my father did to his house. He wanted the reclaimed wood look BUT wasn't willing to risk bugs coming in the house from the real reclaimed wood.

I had pallets in the barn and the splinters I have gotten from working with them. We moved over to plastic pallets for storing hay on.