Prison Inmates Given Pizza Parties for Not Shanking Each Other

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://nypost.com/2017/10/22/rikers-inmates-rewarded-with-pizza-parties-when-they-play-nice/

The city’s newly named correction commissioner is following in the footsteps of her disgraced predecessor — treating Rikers Island inmates to pizza parties in a bid to reduce violence one slice a time.

A photo snapped last week and provided to The Post shows more than two dozen pizzas being wheeled into the Otis Bantum Correctional Center, which houses the city’s 400 worst prisoners in its “Central Punitive Segregation Unit.”

The pizza came from a nearby Domino’s in Queens, and taxpayers regularly cover the cost of serving pizza to prisoners in other facilities at the violence-plagued jail complex as well, sources said.

A Rikers union leader blasted the move, saying, “I’m not a fan of rewarding inmates when they don’t beat the crap out of one another.”

Hijinx

They'd get gruel with bugs in it if it were up to me.

I didn't shank anybody last week. Where's my pizza party?

The real question is do I really care if the 400 worst prisoners in a New York jail shank each other?
Give them all a knife and get the guards out of the way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The real question is do I really care if the 400 worst prisoners in a New York jail shank each other?
Give them all a knife and get the guards out of the way.

This is a great example of where liberals go astray. They think punishment/reward works on these people...who are in prison, and therefore obviously cannot control themselves to avoid consequences. :crazy: I'm pretty sure the enticement of a sticker on your Good Boy chart isn't going to enter into their diseased brains when some other prisoner pisses them off. Not to mention the shanking an inmate will receive when he is the one who acts out and causes them to lose their pizza.

This is a stupid idea on a few different levels, not the least of which is treating violent criminals like preschoolers.