Immigrant Found Not Guilty Of Raping Wife Because He The Right

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Multiculturalism without assimilation has serious implications for a society, particularly one which wishes to appease assaults on their native culture and values under the guise of tolerance. This takes shape often in the realm of women's rights.

In one such example of this, a Canada man, an immigrant from the Middle East, was found not guilty of raping his wife because he was under the impression that he could have sex with her whenever he wanted, even when it was nonconsensual.

Canada: Immigrant Found Not Guilty Of Raping Wife Because He Thought He Was Allowed To

Hijinx

Multiculturalism without assimilation has serious implications for a society, particularly one which wishes to appease assaults on their native culture and values under the guise of tolerance. This takes shape often in the realm of women's rights.

In one such example of this, a Canada man, an immigrant from the Middle East, was found not guilty of raping his wife because he was under the impression that he could have sex with her whenever he wanted, even when it was nonconsensual.

Canada: Immigrant Found Not Guilty Of Raping Wife Because He Thought He Was Allowed To

Obviously he was allowed to in Canada.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Isn't this already covered under the "Love, Honor and Obey" clause?

officeguy

We are less than a generation away from this being the law of the land right here. The position that there is nothing like marital rape was established in english common law.

Not really a great high horse to ride around upon.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I remember growing up there was a saying "ignorance of the law is no excuse".

PsyOps

Pixelated
As usual, the story from a reliable (non-propagandist) and local news source is quite different from GURPS BS...

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...e-thought-he-could-have-sex-with-wife-anytime

I don't see where your source is any different than GURPS', in a general sense. In both, the wife claimed she was raped by her husband. In both, the husband felt he was aloud to have sex with his wife whenever he wants. In both, the judge found the husband not guilty of rape.

Not, to the root of my point... I thought you people on the left were champions for women's rights, and when they say "no", it means "no". And if she says no, and her husband has sex with her anyway, it's rape. When did this change?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Dude should have found a trans woman. Since they are having a hard time finding someone to loves them. I bet herm would be lookin for love all the time

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I remember growing up there was a saying "ignorance of the law is no excuse".

well according to Toe Jams Article ..........

In a written ruling, Ontario Superior Court Justice Robert Smith said the Crown failed to prove that the accused had formed the required criminal intent — mens rea — to sexually assault his wife in 2002.

“I find that the accused probably had sex with his wife on many occasions without her specific consent, as both he and she believed that he had the right to do so,” Smith said.

However, the judge ruled the man was not guilty of sexual assault because the Crown had failed to establish that he knew his behaviour was, in fact, criminal.