Md. a Battleground State in Fight Against Transgender Military Ban

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Md. a Battleground State in Fight Against Transgender Military Ban

Date: 10-24-2017 03:01 PM

Summary: As legislative and court battles rage over the question of whether transgender people are fit to serve in the military, two service members with ties to Md. are at the heart of the fight.

Click here for the full story...

Hijinx

This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Md. a Battleground State in Fight Against Transgender Military Ban

Date: 10-24-2017 03:01 PM

Summary: As legislative and court battles rage over the question of whether transgender people are fit to serve in the military, two service members with ties to Md. are at the heart of the fight.

Click here for the full story...

Looks like he had planned to have the taxpayers pay for his transition.
That is the main complaint. Why should we pay for this person's mental handicap.?
Why should his service time be tied up in recuperation from an operation he may wish he never had after he has it?
If you want to join the military, get yourself cut, get well and join as a woman.

Don't expect the taxpayers to pay for your mental health issues.

Chris0nllyn

You and I might not agree but IMO there is a great deal of difference between a mental health problem caused by combat to a military veteran, and guy who wants his dick cut off.

So you want the govt. to decide what is a "mental health problem"? Wasn't the argument recently that the govt., especially the VA, shouldn't label mental health issues thus preventing a veteran from owning a weapon?

black dog

Free America
So you want the govt. to decide what is a "mental health problem"? Wasn't the argument recently that the govt., especially the VA, shouldn't label mental health issues thus preventing a veteran from owning a weapon?

Did we as a country have problems with the mentally ill purchasing firearms through dealers before HIPPA laws?
If we go back in States like Maryland that used to do Regulated background checks at your local State Police Barracks the Trooper that did the background check had a good idea who you were. That process nipped many problems before they happened.

Hijinx

Comparison of PTSD with trans gender insanity is ridiculous.

Chris0nllyn

Comparison of PTSD with trans gender insanity is ridiculous.

You said it was a mental illness, and now want to decide what levels of mental illenss taxpayers should pay for in terms of treatment. I'm not comparing the two, simply trying to understand where the line in the sand is for you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It just seems to me they are using the US military to pay for their transition treatments.

Yep. That would be our tax dollars at work.

I never cared about trans people before. Live and let live, who cares, not my business. However, now that they're trying to destroy our country and #### up our institutions, they can all stick their head in an oven and die. Our defense system is not a good target for social experimentation. Go be mentally ill somewhere else and leave our military to its work.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You said it was a mental illness, and now want to decide what levels of mental illenss taxpayers should pay for in terms of treatment. I'm not comparing the two, simply trying to understand where the line in the sand is for you.

As a general rule, the taxpayers will pay for illnesses and disorders that occur during your military enlistment as a result of your duty. Pre-existing conditions are typically not only not paid for, but they preclude you from joining the military in the first place.

Example:

If you are deaf, you cannot join the military.
If you become deaf while serving due to occupational hazard, the taxpayers will cover your treatment and disability.

PTSD falls under the latter requirement; gender identity confusion does not.

Hijinx

No: What you want to do is argue all day and I haven't the time nor the inclination to join you in your never ending flights of BS.

black dog

Free America
Yep, if you are mentally I'll when you enter the service, they need to sign a waiver like the other recruits sign for pre-existing conditions..