Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deceptive billing at tidewater

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jen8753 View Post
    I recently started using St. Mary's Dental in Mechanicsville and they are wonderful. Very nice people, professional, open late on Wednesdays and I've never had to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seen.
    That's where I go, I have never had an issue which them. If it makes any difference to you it's an all female office.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by jtomcsik View Post
    GeorgiaCorgi:
    This is Jeff Tomcsik the General Manager for Tidewater Dental. I am truly sorry that you were mislead in regards to the charges for the x-rays you incurred. As you know the x-rays are necessary for the doctor to make an educated decision in regards to your dental health and treatment. That said, you should have been informed as to the cost prior to the procedure. Perhaps the assistant assumed that you had dental insurance and your insurance would cover the cost of the x-rays. If this was the case, the failure was on our part for not doing the proper research to know that your x-rays were not covered. I would be happy to make this right, if you would please contact me personally.

In regards to the statement about Tidewater ownership, I can assure you that Dr. Cooper is still 100% owner of each of our four Tidewater Dental practices. Also, in regards to the "crooks" comment, I am sorry you feel this way about us, but if we were crooks, wouldn't we have recommended the orthodontia and not referred you out to an unaffiliated practice for oral surgery. I understand you are upset, but I assure you we are not crooks and do everything we can to insure that all of our patients get the best and safest care possible in a clean and sterile environment.

Again, please contact me at 301-862-3900 and we can discuss further.

My Best,
    Jeff Tomcsik
    Mr. Tomcsik,
    You are crooks! For the 3 years my family used your facility in Lex Park, not once were we or our insurance provider billed correctly! It was only after many phone calls that the billing error which was always an overcharge from what was quoted was resolved. In addition, being a 54 year young man, I think I know better as to what my dental history is than a dental technician who has only seen my record once in their life. I know what I want done and don't need to be "sold" on procedures that are not only unnecessary, they are down right criminal for being suggested in the first place. I received better dental treatment during my 24 years of active duty in the Navy and will continue to tell anyone who asks to stay away from your establishment!

Name:  images (38).jpg
Views: 325
Size:  9.0 KB
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

I'm sorry you feel that way and I respectfully disagree with your post. All of our recommendations for treatment are based on ADA standard of care and evidence from diagnostic procedures such as X-Rays, exams, and probings. While I am sure you think you know what's best for your mouth, I can unequivocally guarantee you there is not a dentist on earth that would agree with you. All dentists go through years of study and practice to be the experts on knowing the condition of your teeth and oral health. The recommendations they make are in an effort to educate you on your personal situation and the likely outcomes of not taking their recommendations vs. receiving treatment. Some dental treatment recommendations are preventative (long term preservation of teeth and oral health) and others are restorative (fix what's broke).

So a free consultation requires $300 worth of xrays? Sounds like a BS company

Quote Originally Posted by Baker12 View Post
    So a free consultation requires $300 worth of xrays? Sounds like a BS company
    As an update, Tidewater did end up refunding the charges for the xrays and apologized for not making me aware of the potential cost if they were not covered by my insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaCorgi View Post
    As an update, Tidewater did end up refunding the charges for the xrays and apologized for not making me aware of the potential cost if they were not covered by my insurance.
    Thank you for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

And like Martha says, That's a good Thing...
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Good to hear, and classy of you to post this update.

wow. that's great

Members who have read this thread: 110