Thread: T-Bone Morning Rant

T-Bone Morning Rant

So that is what T-Bone was ranting about this morning. (I didn't catch much on my 3.5 mile drive to work.)

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/10...abysdeath.html

Somebody in SMC Emergency Services got some 'splaining to do.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    I didn't see in the story why the baby "stopped breathing" in the first place. That needs to not get lost in the shuffle.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

And District 2 wants 8 million bucks for a new building. The County had effing well fix the communications system first before any money is spent on buildings. The damn technology exists get it done !
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I didn't see in the story why the baby "stopped breathing" in the first place. That needs to not get lost in the shuffle.
    HIPAA rules, you shouldn't. Davidson stated, “because of privacy issues I can’t address this particular case. Statistically speaking, there was a chance a quicker response would not have changed the outcome of this case.”
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    And District 2 wants 8 million bucks for a new building. The County had effing well fix the communications system first before any money is spent on buildings. The damn technology exists get it done !
    These centers are being managed by the wrong people. They run off dispatchers that are well qualified to select people that will do what they are told. I can't speak directly to the St. Mary's center but can Charles. What goes on behind the doors is astonishing. The managers do lie, cheat and bully to get whatever they want.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

The SMCSO is investigating that. State Medical Examiner as well.

Detectives from the Criminal Investigations Division responded to the scene, and assumed the investigation.
    https://smnewsnet.com/archives/42577...exington-park/

That would be why the police is investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    HIPAA rules, you shouldn't. Davidson stated, “because of privacy issues I can’t address this particular case. Statistically speaking, there was a chance a quicker response would not have changed the outcome of this case.”
    Lame excuse. They can say what happened without mentioning names and explain how they will prevent it in the future. Hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars are spent for a system that is supposed to work 24/7 365 days a year. There needs to be an investigation in to not only the death but the failure of the system. The public will demand an explanation if it is not explained within reason. Usually the more a government fails to explain an incident, the more citizens assume there is a cover up. Sometimes the citizens turn out to be right.

I heard part of his rant and wanted to call in and make two comments
    1. the people running the communications center and making the decisions are PAID employees, not volunteers (like the rescue squad people who are pissed off).
    2. There is a wealth of talent in this county that understands communication systems (radios) and how to build a secure and reliable network. WE DO IT FOR A FN LIVING!

But the county government, in their infinite wisdom, decided to do their own thing, decided not to use the same system as Charles and Calvert.
    Want to bet the words "Kickback" might be found if there was an investigation.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Yes, it should not get lost, but it's a separate story and should be handled as such.
    You have two problems, (A) the communications failure and (B) the cause of respiratory distress and death of the infant.
    The communications failure should not take a backseat to the cause of death.
    Should the cause of death be the breakdown in the emergency communications center, then those responsible for the break down (A) should be held accountable for (B)
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Members who have read this thread: 109