Car plows into Top of the Hill restaurant, Upper Marlboro

Chris0nllyn

At least 10 people were injured Tuesday afternoon when a car barreled through the front of a restaurant in Maryland.

Customers at the Babes and Boys Tavern at Top of the Hill in Upper Marlboro were enjoying lunch when the vehicle smashed right through the entrance, pinning some underneath the wreckage.

The driver in the incident, Vernelle Robinson, told NBC News 4 that her 'brakes went out' in her sedan as she was making a turn near the restaurant.

'I panicked... That's how I ended up' crashing into the tavern. Robinson said she was going about '25 mph' before smashing into the building.

But owner C.J. Wilson disputed Robinson's claim, telling FOX News 5 that that she ran through metal barricades, an A/C unit and the cinder block wall.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5020543/Car-plows-packed-Maryland-bar-injuring-10.html

25 mph my ass. Watch the CCTV footage. She plowed into there. I don't even know how she did that after driving by the place yesterday.

Hijinx

It appears obvious to me that her foot left the brake and went to the accelerator.
She may have been doing 25 until she hit the accelerator instead of the brakes.
I can give her the benefit of the doubt. pretty sure she didn't dliberately ram this restaurant.

That why they call them accidents.