Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How is life in Southern Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It'd be great, if not for all the transplants!
    Not all transplants... just the ones planted illegally...
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

I've been here since 1991, am I still considered a transplant? My grandmother is from the 7th originally, moved to Suitland when she got married. Long, long, time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It'd be great, if not for all the transplants!
    It's funny how everyone cries about the transplants BUT.... I bet they wouldn't give up that big fat equity in their property/home that they have now due to those "transplants."

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    I've been here since 1991, am I still considered a transplant? My grandmother is from the 7th originally, moved to Suitland when she got married. Long, long, time ago.
    According to my wife you are still a come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    It's funny how everyone cries about the transplants BUT.... I bet they wouldn't give up that big fat equity in their property/home that they have now due to those "transplants."
    Only good if you’re going sell. For me it just raises up insurance and tax bills........I’d give it up in a heart beat.....
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by gilianpero View Post
    How is life in Southern Maryland i wish to really know
    If you really want to know, ignore anything you read on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Clem72 View Post
    According to my wife you are still a come here.
    Yeah, thought so. My parents moved to St. Mary's in 73. Of course, as I said earlier, my grandmother was born and raised in the 7th. Her maiden name was Dingy or Dingee, not sure of the exact spelling. I think she had brothers that worked in a boat building capacity in a marina somewhere in the 7th.

Really the worst part is having to drive so far to get anywhere, we are at the end of the line on a lot of things.

I can see the eastern shore from my office window but it takes 4 hrs to drive there. To get north around DC is going to take 2 hrs at least.

We can't keep new engineers because they move here and there is really very little to do compared to where most have come from unless you are into boating, crabbing, and fishing. It is a very big change from a college town, even a small one.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Really the worst part is having to drive so far to get anywhere, we are at the end of the line on a lot of things.

I can see the eastern shore from my office window but it takes 4 hrs to drive there. To get north around DC is going to take 2 hrs at least.

We can't keep new engineers because they move here and there is really very little to do compared to where most have come from unless you are into boating, crabbing, and fishing. It is a very big change from a college town, even a small one.
    Tell them to come back, we have indoor black light mini-golf now.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post

The problem with boating is affording the boat and the water access. Besides, most want to meet people, people of the opposite sex. So unless your date wants to go crabbing or fishing, it makes it tough.
    BTW, that's the story I heard almost 20 years ago. Same thing with teachers.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Members who have read this thread: 114