How is life in Southern Maryland

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If you do not have to drive to get anywhere, it's fine, just as good as anyplace else, better than many.

luvmygdaughters

I've been here since 1991, am I still considered a transplant? My grandmother is from the 7th originally, moved to Suitland when she got married. Long, long, time ago.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It's funny how everyone cries about the transplants BUT.... I bet they wouldn't give up that big fat equity in their property/home that they have now due to those "transplants." :yay:

Only good if you’re going sell. For me it just raises up insurance and tax bills........I’d give it up in a heart beat.....

luvmygdaughters

According to my wife you are still a come here.

Yeah, thought so. My parents moved to St. Mary's in 73. Of course, as I said earlier, my grandmother was born and raised in the 7th. Her maiden name was Dingy or Dingee, not sure of the exact spelling. I think she had brothers that worked in a boat building capacity in a marina somewhere in the 7th.

PeoplesElbow

Really the worst part is having to drive so far to get anywhere, we are at the end of the line on a lot of things.

I can see the eastern shore from my office window but it takes 4 hrs to drive there. To get north around DC is going to take 2 hrs at least.

We can't keep new engineers because they move here and there is really very little to do compared to where most have come from unless you are into boating, crabbing, and fishing. It is a very big change from a college town, even a small one.

Clem72

Really the worst part is having to drive so far to get anywhere, we are at the end of the line on a lot of things.

I can see the eastern shore from my office window but it takes 4 hrs to drive there. To get north around DC is going to take 2 hrs at least.

We can't keep new engineers because they move here and there is really very little to do compared to where most have come from unless you are into boating, crabbing, and fishing. It is a very big change from a college town, even a small one.

Tell them to come back, we have indoor black light mini-golf now.

BernieP

Resident PIA

The problem with boating is affording the boat and the water access. Besides, most want to meet people, people of the opposite sex. So unless your date wants to go crabbing or fishing, it makes it tough.
BTW, that's the story I heard almost 20 years ago. Same thing with teachers.