Thread: 5000 yard shot..new record

5000 yard shot..new record

2.8 miles...bullet in the air for over 12 seconds.

Dang.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-world-record/
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Take into account, wind, elevation, temperature, rotation of the earth... orbital adjustment... Moons gravitational pull...

Blog Entries
    I heard he shot it from his hip.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

I’m by no means saying that this isn’t impressive as hell because it is...but shouldnt there be a category of “combat” and “non-combat” records. Maybe there already is but having a sniper take a 2 mike shot during the stress of war with a live target on the other end of the scope is a hell of a lot more impressive than at the shooting range.
    But like I said this is definitely impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by MR47930 View Post
    I’m by no means saying that this isn’t impressive as hell because it is...but shouldnt there be a category of “combat” and “non-combat” records. Maybe there already is but having a sniper take a 2 mike shot during the stress of war with a live target on the other end of the scope is a hell of a lot more impressive than at the shooting range.
    But like I said this is definitely impressive...

I agree,
    Soldiers and Marine shooters tend not to get 37 chances to engage in a target of opportunity at any distance..
    Impressive shooting for sure, but to keep it in prospective, He was shooting a loading data ladder test and during the 4th string of ten he hit his target..

Shooting records should be like speed records at the Salt Flats, if it's a supposed record then do it again.
    Most all other shooting sports shoot groups for records.
    Let's see a group of three to five on target at that distance.
    Last edited by black dog; 10-27-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Shooting records should be like speed records at the Salt Flats, if it's a supposed record then do it again.
    Most all other shooting sports shoot groups for records.
    Let's see a group of three to five on target at that distance.

impressive sure ok ......

,..... but call when he is batting .500 or landing 50% of the shots on the paper
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    impressive sure ok ......

,..... but call when he is batting .500 or landing 50% of the shots on the paper
    Yep, people all the time at ranges ask, why do you shoot rifles that cost so much when my 30O to 700 dollar rifle will shoot a group like this ( and they pull out a target or show me a picture on there phone ) that's under a 1" group at 100 yards.
    I reply , pull that rifle out right now and do it again.. show me ... And then the stuttering starts..
    And I'm certainly not knocking a 300 dollar rifle by any means, they have a purpose for sure. But
    A blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile,
    A fat squirrel gets a nut, all the time.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Members who have read this thread: 39