5000 yard shot..new record

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Take into account, wind, elevation, temperature, rotation of the earth... orbital adjustment... Moons gravitational pull...

MR47930

I’m by no means saying that this isn’t impressive as hell because it is...but shouldnt there be a category of “combat” and “non-combat” records. Maybe there already is but having a sniper take a 2 mike shot during the stress of war with a live target on the other end of the scope is a hell of a lot more impressive than at the shooting range.
But like I said this is definitely impressive...

black dog

Free America
I’m by no means saying that this isn’t impressive as hell because it is...but shouldnt there be a category of “combat” and “non-combat” records. Maybe there already is but having a sniper take a 2 mike shot during the stress of war with a live target on the other end of the scope is a hell of a lot more impressive than at the shooting range.
But like I said this is definitely impressive...

I agree,
Soldiers and Marine shooters tend not to get 37 chances to engage in a target of opportunity at any distance..
Impressive shooting for sure, but to keep it in prospective, He was shooting a loading data ladder test and during the 4th string of ten he hit his target..

Shooting records should be like speed records at the Salt Flats, if it's a supposed record then do it again.
Most all other shooting sports shoot groups for records.
Let's see a group of three to five on target at that distance.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Shooting records should be like speed records at the Salt Flats, if it's a supposed record then do it again.
Most all other shooting sports shoot groups for records.
Let's see a group of three to five on target at that distance.

impressive sure ok ......

,..... but call when he is batting .500 or landing 50% of the shots on the paper

black dog

Free America
impressive sure ok ......

,..... but call when he is batting .500 or landing 50% of the shots on the paper

Yep, people all the time at ranges ask, why do you shoot rifles that cost so much when my 30O to 700 dollar rifle will shoot a group like this ( and they pull out a target or show me a picture on there phone ) that's under a 1" group at 100 yards.
I reply , pull that rifle out right now and do it again.. show me ... And then the stuttering starts..
And I'm certainly not knocking a 300 dollar rifle by any means, they have a purpose for sure. But
A blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile,
A fat squirrel gets a nut, all the time.