Lowes & Military Discount

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm looking for confirmation to a story I heard. Lowes is eliminating the "flash the military or dependent ID at the checkout" to get the discount. You now have to have/get a My Lowes card, take it to Customer Service with your ID or DD-214, and have them enter it into their computer system.

Anyone else heard that?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
National home improvement retailer Lowe's has expanded its everyday military discount program to include all honorably discharged veterans, as of May.

The chain also has expanded the 10 percent discount to Lowe's online shopping, which will include free parcel shipping. It will provide for faster checkout and add the ability to use the discount at self-checkout in stores, said Lowe's spokeswoman Karen Cobb.

But the procedure for getting the discount has changed: Active-duty service members, retirees and veterans must must sign up online for the Lowe's personal shopping card to qualify for the discount. This is not a credit card.

Spouses and dependent children up to age 18 can also get the discount, although the online signup process doesn't include an option for "spouses" or "children."

The discount is linked to a MyLowes account, which can be shared by a household," said Megan Lewis, a Lowe’s spokeswoman. "Once the service member signs up for the discount program, it will be linked to a MyLowes card that can also be used by their spouse."

Lowe's has offered discounts to military members and veterans for more than a decade. Previously, the 10 percent discount at Lowe's was available every day to active-duty service members, retired military and other veterans receiving VA benefits who showed their identification. For other honorably discharged veterans, the discount was limited to three days – Memorial Day, July 4 and Veterans Day.

"The verification process is designed to be a simplified one-time signup," Lewis said. "Military and veteran customers can simply present their MyLowes card at checkout rather than show military credentials each time."

https://www.militarytimes.com/2017/05/04/lowe-s-expands-changes-its-military-discount-program/

https://www.lowes.com/mylowes/login?context=military

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm looking for confirmation to a story I heard. Lowes is eliminating the "flash the military or dependent ID at the checkout" to get the discount. You now have to have/get a My Lowes card, take it to Customer Service with your ID or DD-214, and have them enter it into their computer system.

Anyone else heard that?

Had the Lowe's card but not the military discount, all I did was have them search my discharge date and they found it for me in whatever database they have and I get the discount now. :yay: