Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction for halloweeen

I think a lot of parents with small kids are opting for Trunk or Treat events rather than traditional trick or treating.

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    I think a lot of parents with small kids are opting for Trunk or Treat events rather than traditional trick or treating.

We had kids bussed in ..... literally. And I'm actually fine with that. We're in a relatively new neighborhood and kids can't get to a lot of houses with a little bit of walking. The neighborhood was packed with kids and parents. Many houses were setup with tables in the driveways with fire pits and drinks, etc. It's a great time. I'd bet we had every bit of 200 kids come through. I was down to the small pieces of candy that had filtered themselves down to the bottom of the bucket.

We only got about 30 kids this year, that is low for our neighborhood. We started setting up in the driveway several years ago because we didn't want people coming up to the door, which would drive the 3 dogs crazy. We have a short driveway.
    Walk through the fire Fly through the smoke

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    Parents are schlepping their kids to big neighborhoods. My neighborhood was dead, but you go to one of the high-end 'hoods in northern Calvert and the streets are full.

When I was a kid, we trick or treated for hours. It seems now they want to cram it all into an hour or 2 and be done.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    When I was a kid, we trick or treated for hours. It seems now they want to cram it all into an hour or 2 and be done.
    We started planing days in advance... the best route around town for maximum coverage, who has the best treats, who to avoid... we were out most of the night.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 87