Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainy day dinner

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Salmon seasoned with lemon-pepper, baked potatoes with butter and steamed spinach dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I had a cup of chili and some fake hot wings (fake heat, fake spicy - "they're pretty hot" lies lies lies); Monello had a fajita rice bowl.
    Foodie card is in serious jeopardy here. I am sure you will make good soon though!
    Don't confuse what you do to live with what you do to survive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dgates80 View Post
    Foodie card is in serious jeopardy here. I am sure you will make good soon though!
    Last night I had marinated chicken breast on a bed of greens with Greek cucumber salad and a buttermilk vinaigrette. Way better than tonight's dinner.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by dgates80 View Post
    Giant had fat olí whole roasting chickens. Roast chicken (soup tomorrow!), butternut squash, stuffing, and mix veggies. Some comfort food tonight, oh yeah. Netflix ní chill later.
    It was yummy and I am looking forward to soup tonight
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Leftover chili & cornbread from Saturday. Craving some chicken and dumplings now, may have to do that tomorrow.

We had Oysters Rockefeller St. Mary's County style (lol) and home made Thai Curry Coconut Soup with turkey, carrots, onions and peppers over jasmine rice. Double yum!

I made pot roast in the crockpot for dinner yesterday. Made the house smell so good. Served with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.

I got creative tonight. Italian sausage and chicken with olives and grapes.

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe/roa...grapes-olives/

The recipe on-line completely forgot to include the sausage, but I remember from the show that the sausage was pre-cooked, then put on the bottom of the roasting pan before everything else.

I couldn't find any fennel in the store, so it won't be quite the same. Should be ready in an hour.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Blog Entries
    Today we were out rolling and stopped at Conch House to have drinks and snackie in their little waterfront bungalow tables. I had smoked tuna dip with veggies and crackers, and Monello had jerk chicken kabobs with pineapple salsa and beans and rice. Now we're drinking frozen margaritas - our condo has a blender! - watching The Five, and contemplating a swim.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I got creative tonight. Italian sausage and chicken with olives and grapes.

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe/roa...grapes-olives/

The recipe on-line completely forgot to include the sausage, but I remember from the show that the sausage was pre-cooked, then put on the bottom of the roasting pan before everything else.

I couldn't find any fennel in the store, so it won't be quite the same. Should be ready in an hour.
    Looks very tasty. But where does the fennel come in?

Members who have read this thread: 79