Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rainy day dinner

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    I made that last weekend, cooked half a Shopper's roasted chicken (we had the rest of it for dinner 2 nights before) in the crockpot all day with 1 1/2 qt broth, 1 c white wine, 1 c chopped mushrooms and 1/4 c dehydrated veggie mix. After I got home from work, strained the broth into a stockpot, deboned the carcass, discarded the skin, chopped the meat, added all the solids to the broth, brought it to a boil, let it simmer 1/2 hour and then added in egg noodles to cook.
    That is a really good way to use up a rotisserie chick. I always make chick salad. Thanks! Oh, and yeah, Daisy gets some of it that accidentally falls on the floor.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Tonight we went to Sonny's BBQ because I was desperate for salad bar after I saw their sign when I was at Ulta.
    How was the salad bar. When traveling the intercoastal we are always looking for something different.. That's why I mentioned Garden & Gun magazine...they do great hole in the wall to well known local eatery places all over the south..
    Iwe have had some in####ingcredable meals over the years from reading about the chef in that magazine..now I want Shrimp & Grits....
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Tonight we went to Sonny's BBQ because I was desperate for salad bar after I saw their sign when I was at Ulta.
    I stopped at Smoky Joe's for a pit beef sandwich on the way to work and got a pulled pork sandwich to go for my snack.

Stopped there to celebrate good news from the oncologist. In her opinion of the lab work and scan history, in light of this week's lab work, I remain free of the pancreatic cancer as of now, so instead of every 4 months for monitoring, it will now be six months. Next scan will be in May, and will see her a week later.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Stopped there to celebrate good news from the oncologist. In her opinion of the lab work and scan history, in light of this week's lab work, I remain free of the pancreatic cancer as of now, so instead of every 4 months for monitoring, it will now be six months. Next scan will be in May, and will see her a week later.
    That's excellent news!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    How was the salad bar.
    Adequate. They use fake-on bits instead of real bacon and only offer iceberg mix for lettuce but that's their only true sin. The only reason we ever go to Sonny's is because I want salad bar and it's a chain and sure thing. You're not missing anything.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I know it's not as fancy as some of the dishes that have been mentioned here but tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are always good on a rainy day.

Chili

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Chili
    Did I tell you I once won a chili cook-off with your chili method?
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Did I tell you I once won a chili cook-off with your chili method?

I'm thinking of making it for this weekend. It's supposed to be colder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

I'm thinking of making it for this weekend. It's supposed to be colder.
    I am not a big fan of chili but yours is delicious and one I actually had seconds on. People fought to take the leftovers home.

Members who have read this thread: 80