Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rainy day dinner

Chili and Cornbread with a cold beer is my comfort meal.

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    I stopped at Smoky Joe's for a pit beef sandwich on the way to work and got a pulled pork sandwich to go for my snack.

Stopped there to celebrate good news from the oncologist. In her opinion of the lab work and scan history, in light of this week's lab work, I remain free of the pancreatic cancer as of now, so instead of every 4 months for monitoring, it will now be six months. Next scan will be in May, and will see her a week later.
    Great News!!

Finally made my chicken and dumplings last Sunday. Finished it off yesterday. Tonight is sloppy joes with baked beans and cole slaw. Saturday is my youngest granddaughters birthday, she wants to go to Japanese Steakhouse in PF, so no cooking.. Sunday....I'm thinking filet's on the cast iron skillet.

Blog Entries
    Stopped there to celebrate good news from the oncologist. In her opinion of the lab work and scan history, in light of this week's lab work, I remain free of the pancreatic cancer as of now, so instead of every 4 months for monitoring, it will now be six months. Next scan will be in May, and will see her a week later.
    Great news and so happy for you! My uncle is fighting a return of his original cancer and will have a checkup next month to see how the new treatment is working.

I stopped at Smoky Joe's for a pit beef sandwich on the way to work and got a pulled pork sandwich to go for my snack.

Awesome news!
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Adequate. They use fake-on bits instead of real bacon and only offer iceberg mix for lettuce but that's their only true sin. The only reason we ever go to Sonny's is because I want salad bar and it's a chain and sure thing. You're not missing anything.
    Thanks, the iceberg kills it for me..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Doing a bone-in ham tonight. Split pea soup from ham stock tomorrow. Ham sandwiches for lunch. Itís a three (or more) day food supply, not even counting the leftovers we freeze!
    Don't confuse what you do to live with what you do to survive.

Chicken gumbo soup.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Blog Entries
    Last night we had pizza at Viola's in St. Augustine; tonight we had pizza at Mario the Baker's in West Palm Beach.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Last night we had pizza at Viola's in St. Augustine; tonight we had pizza at Mario the Baker's in West Palm Beach.
    Now that is my travel dream... pizza most every night, but each time from a different non-chain place.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Members who have read this thread: 80