“Liddle Bob Corker”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
President Trump has dubbed him “Liddle Bob Corker” on Twitter, but the Tennessee Republican still wields big-time influence over American foreign policy.

While the recent criticism of Mr. Trump from Mr. Corker and from Sen. Jeff Flake — both longtime moderate Republicans and both on their way out at the end of next year — might seem like garden-variety theatrics from two lame-duck lawmakers, Capitol Hill sources say the implications are deep.

Mr. Corker heads the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, of which Mr. Flake is a member, and has suggested he intends to use the panel as a forum in the coming months to air concerns about Mr. Trump’s leadership on a range of fronts, including Iran, North Korea, Russia and the Middle East.

“The committee is going to be very active,” Mr. Corker told reporters last week before announcing plans to hold a series of hearings, which could generate headlines that damage the public’s view of Mr. Trump.

“It’s going to be a very robust period of time,” Mr. Corker said. And it all starts Monday evening, when Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson and Defense Secretary James Mattis appear before the committee for questioning over the administration’s “perspective” on war powers and whether Congress ought to revise the Authorization for Use of Military Force, which was passed in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

“I think it will be very informative to the American people and to the rest of the Senate about what powers the president has, should [and] shouldn’t have,” said Mr. Corker.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/29/bob-corker-donald-trump-feud-fuel-foreign-policy-p/

Hijinx

President Trump has dubbed him “Liddle Bob Corker” on Twitter, but the Tennessee Republican still wields big-time influence over American foreign policy.

While the recent criticism of Mr. Trump from Mr. Corker and from Sen. Jeff Flake — both longtime moderate Republicans and both on their way out at the end of next year — might seem like garden-variety theatrics from two lame-duck lawmakers, Capitol Hill sources say the implications are deep.

Mr. Corker heads the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, of which Mr. Flake is a member, and has suggested he intends to use the panel as a forum in the coming months to air concerns about Mr. Trump’s leadership on a range of fronts, including Iran, North Korea, Russia and the Middle East.

“The committee is going to be very active,” Mr. Corker told reporters last week before announcing plans to hold a series of hearings, which could generate headlines that damage the public’s view of Mr. Trump.

“It’s going to be a very robust period of time,” Mr. Corker said. And it all starts Monday evening, when Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson and Defense Secretary James Mattis appear before the committee for questioning over the administration’s “perspective” on war powers and whether Congress ought to revise the Authorization for Use of Military Force, which was passed in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

“I think it will be very informative to the American people and to the rest of the Senate about what powers the president has, should [and] shouldn’t have,” said Mr. Corker.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/29/bob-corker-donald-trump-feud-fuel-foreign-policy-p/

So: What does this mean. Two numb nuts who have already stated that they are leaving have decided to drop turds in the punchbowl on the way out the door.

transporter

Just a couple of quick thoughts:

First, why don't you two get a room and get it over with. The sexual tension between you two is off the charts.

Second, and more importantly, what part of this is beyond you (and the rest of the cultists) to understand? Trump is unqualified to be President. At the core, he lacks basic leadership skills. (Trump is not a leader, he is a narcissistic bully...there is a difference). A leader, particularly a political leader, understands that he needs the help of others in order to get anything done. A political leader also needs the support of the citizenry, a broad swath of support--not just a small and dwindling cult.

Trump does all he can to insult everyone. The guy can't even be jovial around a bunch of kids in Halloween costumes. He is now reaping what he has sown. He insulted John McCain during the election (all the somd "patriots" pile on almost everyday). McCain didn't take kindly to this and neither did Flake. The cultists laughed. Trump also got into a twitter war with Corker.

Why would any of these people do anything to support Trump? They know what the rest of the world does. They aren't running again. The President's poll numbers suck. Trump looks more like a lame duck than a first termer. Trump has done everything his weak mind could think of to piss off the people he needs to work with him. He is reaping what he has sown.

Oh...BTW...if you think Jeff Flake is a "moderate conservative", you aren't paying attention to his voting record or public comments.

SamSpade

So: What does this mean. Two numb nuts who have already stated that they are leaving have decided to drop turds in the punchbowl on the way out the door.

More interesting is that Flake had close to zero chance of even making it through the *primary*, let alone be re-elected.
He was already toast long before his announcement. I just don't get burning your bridges - Democrats welcome such gestures, but they still won't let you sit at the grown-up table.

Corker wasn't "gone" - but earlier this year, his popularity among Republican voters fell to the low 40's.
It's likely he knew he also was going away in the spring. I'm not in politics but I have to think losing your party's nomination when you are the *incumbent* HAS to be humiliating, to put it mildly.

Again - what's the point in leaving like that? My dad once taught me not to burn your bridges - like, don't tell off your boss when you quit a job.
He found that - at least, back in the 70's - it was smart to make sure your old boss thought highly of you, even you hated him back.
(This was back in the days before old employers weren't supposed to say anything BAD about former employees).

In his case - he found his former boss was a good source of information for his NEW job. Don't burn bridges unless you're sure you'll never need them.

SamSpade

J A leader, particularly a political leader, understands that he needs the help of others in order to get anything done. A political leader also needs the support of the citizenry, a broad swath of support--not just a small and dwindling cult.

Somewhat. But a LOT of people - myself included - are sick to death of politically correct mealy-mouthed wishy-washy politicians who can't say anything definitive without consulting the polls and their political advisers.

Lord Voldemort:
What say you, Pius?
Pius Thicknesse:
One hears many things my Lord, as if the truth is among them is not clear.
Lord Voldemort:
Ha! Spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius.

I don't know about you - but I **hate** this. I'd rather have a jerk who just comes out and says it. I kind of liked Romney, because he was the kind of firm but dedicated and successful leader we needed - but the man lacked the political savvy to tell people to shove it up their ass when it was needed of him.

McCain didn't take kindly to this and neither did Flake. The cultists laughed. Trump also got into a twitter war with Corker.

These three guys have never been on his side, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if McCain has ALWAYS been working against Trump.
My dad knew McCain somewhat at the Academy - he said he was cocky and "a bit of an ass - a rich man's son".

He may have distinguished himself in the war - but I was a different person too, 40-50 years ago. Heroism on my part THEN wouldn't excuse being an ass NOW.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump is unqualified to be President.

At the core, he lacks basic leadership skills.

leadership skills are NOT A requirement ... but please list Obama's Qualifications from Voting 'Present' while in the senate

or explain how having YOUR NAME on over 500 'businesses' doesn't require leadership or an ability to get s h i t done

PsyOps

Pixelated
At theTrump is not a leader, he is a narcissistic bully

ironyMan.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
- are sick to death of politically correct mealy-mouthed wishy-washy politicians who can't say anything definitive without consulting the polls and their political advisers.

:yay:

He may have distinguished himself in the war - but I was a different person too, 40-50 years ago. Heroism on my part THEN wouldn't excuse being an ass NOW.

I would not piss on McCain if he was on fire and it would save his life ..... man needs to go

there should be an Age Limit on Congress Critters ....
every time Pelosi opens her mouth more and more I am convinced she is suffering the onset of Alzheimer's

Last edited:

SamSpade

or explain how having YOUR NAME on over 500 'businesses' doesn't require leadership or an ability to get s h i t done

Oh he is a leader and possesses leadership skills - what he doesn't have is political skills - and mostly, I'm good with that.
We want something different in Washington, but it seems when we get it - we want the same stuff they always gave us.

I think if we get another establishment type President the next time around, we're screwed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh he is a leader and possesses leadership skills - what he doesn't have is political skills - and mostly, I'm good with that.

ah to People Like Toe JAM ...... it is the same thing

but I'll put up with the loud mouth bully ..... frankly the others are bully's as well - they just use politics to make to sound warm and cuddly

Hijinx

Just a couple of quick thoughts:

First, why don't you two get a room and get it over with. The sexual tension between you two is off the charts.

Second, and more importantly, what part of this is beyond you (and the rest of the cultists) to understand? Trump is unqualified to be President. At the core, he lacks basic leadership skills. (Trump is not a leader, he is a narcissistic bully...there is a difference). A leader, particularly a political leader, understands that he needs the help of others in order to get anything done. A political leader also needs the support of the citizenry, a broad swath of support--not just a small and dwindling cult.

Trump does all he can to insult everyone. The guy can't even be jovial around a bunch of kids in Halloween costumes. He is now reaping what he has sown. He insulted John McCain during the election (all the somd "patriots" pile on almost everyday). McCain didn't take kindly to this and neither did Flake. The cultists laughed. Trump also got into a twitter war with Corker.

Why would any of these people do anything to support Trump? They know what the rest of the world does. They aren't running again. The President's poll numbers suck. Trump looks more like a lame duck than a first termer. Trump has done everything his weak mind could think of to piss off the people he needs to work with him. He is reaping what he has sown.

Oh...BTW...if you think Jeff Flake is a "moderate conservative", you aren't paying attention to his voting record or public comments.

LMAO. Another one of your idiot, I hate Trump posts.

Why would anyone help Trump?
Because helping Trump is helping America.
And they and you are too stupid to see it.