Kevin Spacey reveals he’s now living as a gay man

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41799026

Spacey also revealed he was now living as a gay man after years of refusing to address rumours about his sexuality.

He also addressed "stories" about his personal life, saying he had had relationships with both men and women and was now living as a gay man.

"I want to deal with this honestly and openly and that starts with examining my own behaviour."

Spacey's decision to reveal his sexuality at the same time as addressing an allegation of sexual assault against a child drew a backlash.

SamSpade

Actually, my first thought was - wow. Liberace was gay - then Elton - then, shocking, JODIE FOSTER and then - Kevin Spacey?

I don't know about you, but - was there ever any doubt?
I mean, really? I thought this was just - known. When I read the headline, I didn't need to read that the person was a guy.
I would have been shocked if it wasn't.

Hank

my war
Shocker!....... Not.

I have a friend I grew up with that is an actor in Hollyweird. Spacey stories have run rampant for years. He has a tendency for molesting young men over the years.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually, my first thought was - wow. Liberace was gay - then Elton - then, shocking, JODIE FOSTER and then - Kevin Spacey?

I don't know about you, but - was there ever any doubt?
I mean, really? I thought this was just - known. When I read the headline, I didn't need to read that the person was a guy.
I would have been shocked if it wasn't.

Barry Manilow - wow, really??? Say it ain't so!!

:yawn:

#1, I give zero chits about these people's sex lives; and #2, it was always obvious that they were gay. I'm not sure why Kevin Spacey felt the need to "come out" - he's the only one who didn't realize he was gay.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Barry Manilow - wow, really??? Say it ain't so!!

:yawn:

#1, I give zero chits about these people's sex lives; and #2, it was always obvious that they were gay. I'm not sure why Kevin Spacey felt the need to "come out" - he's the only one who didn't realize he was gay.

Probably trying to use it as some sort of shield against the underage molestation story.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Probably trying to use it as some sort of shield against the underage molestation story.

That's a poor game plan. If he wants the conservatives to go, "SEE??? We TOLD you all them queers are kiddie touchers!" that's the way to do it. But you're probably right - Hollyweirds aren't known for their common sense. Normal gay men need to go after him and make him stop that chit.

I never understand why we idolize these dysfunctionals. Hollywood seems to be a hive of depravity and mental illness.

black dog

Free America
One would think that when someone is being accused of trying to pump a kid in the butt, it's not a good time to tell the world your living as a gay man..
Kevin should have spoken to his publicist first...

luvmygdaughters

Who the hell cares about elite Hollywood snowflakes sexual preference and why do they think they're so self important, that anyone, other than their partners, relatives, family, would give a good shiat about it!!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Who the hell cares about elite Hollywood snowflakes sexual preference and why do they think they're so self important, that anyone, other than their partners, relatives, family, would give a good shiat about it!!!!

The 14yo boys family might.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But the worst aspect of this story, once again, is how unsurprising it apparently is. As soon as the news broke, Twitter was flooded with comments from people who work in Hollywood, all confirming that Spacey's affinity for little boys is an "open secret." Everybody knew. Everybody knows a lot of things in Hollywood, it seems. According to these reports, young kids are warned to stay away from Spacey on the sets of his films and television shows. They're warned, we should specify, in private by people who may be somewhat concerned about protecting kids but apparently not concerned enough to have come out in public and said, "Hey, everyone, guess what? Kevin Spacey molests kids."

Spacey's alleged pedophilic ways are so widely recognized that Family Guy made a joke about them in 2006. Gawker ran an article about Spacey's "aggressive love for men" in 2015. Spacey was even cast as a grown man sexually infatuated with a teenager in the terrible movie American Beauty, which came out in 1999. Hollywood was practically taunting us.

Do you know what it's called when you stay silent about a man who molests boys (allegedly)? It's called being complicit. Hollywood is populated by predators and those who cooperate with and cover for predators, and maybe, like, five or six people who fall outside either camp. Now, allowing assault and molestation to go on because you're more worried about your career isn't as bad as actually doing the assaulting and molesting yourself — but it's almost as bad. There is not much daylight in between the two groups, morally speaking. The predator is driven by his perverse sexual hunger and the complicit bystander by his professional ambitions. They are different but not that different. Both bear an enormous amount of guilt.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22921/enough-open-secrets-hollywood-speak-you-cowards-matt-walsh

SamSpade

Spacey was even cast as a grown man sexually infatuated with a teenager in the terrible movie American Beauty, which came out in 1999. Hollywood was practically taunting us.

For which Spacey got an Oscar, Golden Globe, BAFTA, SAG - pretty much every award imaginable.
Ditto the film itself.

I never quite get how Hollywood judges films and roles.

"House of Cards" just cancelled.

How can it be "they all knew", but now it gets cancelled. And why cancelled and not just Spacey's character killed off?

black dog

Free America
Polanski-7901n_b.jpg