Granny moves from nursing home to camper van

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You go granny! WOW, her kids didn't agree with her decision. Shocking.

[COLOR=rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.99)][FONT=&quot]79-year-old Joan Turcotte motto is this: “If you rest, you rust.” That’s why she’s kicking up her heels instead of kicking the bucket, ready to leave senior housing in New Hampshire for her new Ford transit camper.
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.99)][FONT=&quot]“A couple years ago I moved into a senior citizens complex and I realized I need to be active,” she said. “There aren’t many activities here and the people aren’t active, so I thought: I need to get outside and do things. I need a new car. Then I decided to get a van and glamp it up.”

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.99)][FONT=&quot]At first, Joan’s family wasn’t too thrilled about her plan to travel in her Ford transit camper conversion. She has four children, and one of her son’s said: “Mom, you’re too old.”[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(10, 10, 10, 0.99)][FONT=&quot]But she told him this: “How old would I be if I didn’t do this? My age is old but I don’t feel old. I feel perfectly capable of driving myself around the country. It’s going to be a great adventure! Eventually, I got them on my side.”[/FONT][/COLOR]

in a van, down by the river