1st White Privilege now Check YOUR Male Privilege

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'Checking Your Male Privilege' Is Hollow Virtue Signaling. To Help Women, We Need More So-Called 'Toxic Masculinity.'

Okay, it's basically Saudi Arabia up in here, so how does Blow suggest we combat this problem? With the promise of checking his male privilege, being a "feminist," and promoting "ally-ship."

"I am a man. Six-foot-two, 200 lbs. Able-bodied, and physically fit. I move through the world with the privilege of never even considering the idea of being sexually assaulted or harassed," writes the columnist.

"This is one of my male privileges, and I have to check it."

He continues: "It is not sufficient to simply not be a sexist yourself if you are a man. You must also recognize that you benefit from the system of sexism in ways to which you may not even be aware."

"Every man must become a feminist," he adds. "Every man must work as hard as every woman to elevate gender equality and to eliminate gendered violence."

Blow wants men to become male feminists, to empathize with women, to essentially throw up a trending hashtag to fight The Patriarchy. This is unsurprisingly hollow, and even counterproductive.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
'Checking Your Male Privilege' Is Hollow Virtue Signaling. To Help Women, We Need More So-Called 'Toxic Masculinity.'

Okay, it's basically Saudi Arabia up in here, so how does Blow suggest we combat this problem? With the promise of checking his male privilege, being a "feminist," and promoting "ally-ship."

"I am a man. Six-foot-two, 200 lbs. Able-bodied, and physically fit. I move through the world with the privilege of never even considering the idea of being sexually assaulted or harassed," writes the columnist.

He continues: "It is not sufficient to simply not be a sexist yourself if you are a man. You must also recognize that you benefit from the system of sexism in ways to which you may not even be aware."

"Every man must become a feminist," he adds. "Every man must work as hard as every woman to elevate gender equality and to eliminate gendered violence."

Blow wants men to become male feminists, to empathize with women, to essentially throw up a trending hashtag to fight The Patriarchy. This is unsurprisingly hollow, and even counterproductive.

He’s got to be gay or totally PW’d........just sayin

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

On that link, here is the ad that was served:

gay.jpg

HILARIOUS!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
On that link, here is the ad that was served:

View attachment 120353

HILARIOUS!!!

It's not an ad - at least not a current one. It was driving home this point in the article:

Men must respect and work to protect women, not strip themselves of alleged toxic masculinity (or traditional masculine norms) to morph into Pajama Boys: passive, beta males trading in their responsibility to protect women for talking about their feelings cross-legged on a bed drinking hot chocolate.

Pajama Boys. :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can someone walk me through the process of "checking" one's privilege.

WTF does that even mean?

well from the article ..........

Hijinx

Like most men every once in a while I check my package, my privilege is not worth worrying about, it's made up BS.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can someone walk me through the process of "checking" one's privilege.

Find a womyn's rally.
Look for a young chick wearing a vagina hat.
Go up to her and say, "Hey, baby, wanna check my male privilege? :really:"

Toxick

Splat

I wasn't aware that was the definition.
So that's "checking" then. Recognizing it. I thought there was more to it.

They should just say "recognizing" it. "Checking" sounds like half-assed 90's slang.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Find a womyn's rally.
Look for a young chick wearing a vagina hat.
Go up to her and say, "Hey, baby, wanna check my male privilege? :really:"

... And as the curtains of the Vag-hat get brushed aside, revealing her adams apple, you hear in a deepening voice... "That aint' priviledge! This is priviledge!"

BOP

I wasn't aware that was the definition.
So that's "checking" then. Recognizing it. I thought there was more to it.

They should just say "recognizing" it. "Checking" sounds like half-assed 90's slang.

I thought it was similar to the 3-series Marine saying "Haze yourself!"