Meet George Papadopoulos

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Meet George Papadopoulos, the 30-year-old former Trump adviser who just pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his Russia contacts

George Papadopoulos, the former adviser for President Donald Trump's campaign who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials, was a young, relatively inexperienced "nobody" in the Trump campaign, and his career before the presidential election was described as "unremarkable."

As attention gravitated towards Papadopoulos after special counsel Robert Mueller unsealed court documents from early October detailing the charges against him, many Trump-affiliated officials were surprised the young adviser had become a focus of Mueller's probe. Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon called him a "nobody," according to Axios, and another Trump campaign official agreed.

"To be honest... I thought they were talking about George Gigicos," who was the advance man on Trump's campaign, the former campaign official told Axios. "... Not because he could've possibly been involved with Russia but because he's the only guy with a Greek name that anyone knew on the campaign."

Before he was selected to join the Trump campaign in March 2016, Papadopoulos served as an advisor for former Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson's campaign for several months. But Carson's former campaign manager, Ed Brookover, told Business Insider that he did not stand out there either.

"Unremarkable is a good word," Brookover said when describing Papadopoulos's tenure. "Brief."

officeguy

If you are ever faced with having to talk to the FBI, the only answers are:
- No Sir
- Affirmative
- I have no recollection about the date / conversation / event you are asking about.
- Am I free to go ?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
- No Sir
- Affirmative
- I have no recollection about the date / conversation / event you are asking about.
- Am I free to go ?
Que?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
REPORT - Fox News is reporting that a White House source has informed John Roberts (Fox News White House Correspondent) that the indictment against George Papadopoulos is based on emails provided to the special counsel by the White House / Trump campaign. This includes a series of emails where Papadopoulos urged the campaign to take a meeting with Russian government agents.

These request for a meeting were ignored by senior campaign officials. Papadopoulos was brought in to branch out relations to Greece, NOT Russia. His role in the campaign was minor and the evidence provided to the special counsel, again came directly from the White House. This shows the White House has been cooperating fully with the special counsel and has nothing to hide.

I expect this to develop into a major story. It shows that the campaign went out of their way to AVOID collusion with the Russians. It proves that Donald Trump and his campaign tried to play it by the book. It can put to bed a lot of the “collusion” conspiracy theories Democrats have been floating in the media for the past 72 hours.

https://medium.com/@rossdaniels/bre...ence-provided-by-the-white-house-630eae043b6e

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It funny how, now, the White House is spinning Papadopoulos off as the coffee boy.

He probably was. The newsprogs label everyone who ever came into contact with Trump as an "advisor" and act like they were some big shot string puller. Googling this guy, I'm not finding that he played any significant role in either the Trump campaign or the Trump administration, and he certainly wasn't inner circle.

Hijinx

- No Sir
- Affirmative
- Am I free to go ?

That is good advice when talking to a journalist too.

Midnightrider

unless you are reading CNN or PMSNBC or ... insert prog media site

the old George was the led Russian Collusion

Or the charging documents. They lay it out pretty clear. He worked with the Russians and the campaign. Keep pretending it’s all fake news. It will be a lot more fun that way :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Or the charging documents. They lay it out pretty clear. He worked with the Russians and the campaign. Keep pretending it’s all fake news. It will be a lot more fun that way :yay:

The wailing mantra is that *Trump* was in collusion with the Russians to steal the election away from Hillary. That has been asserted by the Left for almost a year now. So where is it? And what does this guy have to do with Trump being a puppet of Putin, which is what you people have been screaming at the top of your lungs for months? If true, it shouldn't be real hard to find, so where is it?

Sapidus

The wailing mantra is that *Trump* was in collusion with the Russians to steal the election away from Hillary. That has been asserted by the Left for almost a year now. So where is it? And what does this guy have to do with Trump being a puppet of Putin, which is what you people have been screaming at the top of your lungs for months? If true, it shouldn't be real hard to find, so where is it?

This is how it works. They go for the little fish and get them to flip on the bigger fish and work their way up the chain. Don't you know anything about the criminal system?

Midnightrider

The mantra was that the trump campaign was colluding with Russia, and it looks like they have a guilty plea from someone on the campaign to back that up. The rest of that #### you are talking about is the straw man fox has been attacking for the last 6 months

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The mantra was that the trump campaign was colluding with Russia

Uh, no. It was that Trump specifically himself was colluding with Russia to steal the election. I remember it well and you can't change it now like when you people all of a sudden realized "global warming" was a loser, so now you're pretending you meant "climate change" all along. Oh, wait...that's a loser too. I meant to say "man made climate change". Oh, and it's not "abortion" anymore - it's "choice". Because who doesn't want that, right?

Not playing, pal. You may have selective Alzheimer's but I do not.