ESPN Can’t Afford Monday Night Football Any More

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ESPN Can’t Afford Monday Night Football Any More

ESPN pays $2 billion a year to the NFL for Monday Night Football and one NFL wild card playoff game. I’ve written for the past couple of years that as ESPN’s business collapses that ESPN’s decision on whether or not to bid to keep Monday Night Football would be the first big test of how rapidly that business is deteriorating.

What’s a deteriorating business look like? In the month of October ESPN lost over 15,000 subscribers a day in October per the latest Nielson estimates.

15,000 a day!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
They should have Jemele Hill & Rachel Maddow call the games. This way ANTIFA is sure to watch the games.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
DAMN! First reply post from the forum prince and princess turns this into Politics :doh:

Why do you think ESPN is losing viewership, and therefore sponsors, and therefore money, and therefore can no longer "afford" Monday Night Football?

Restitution

Why do you think ESPN is losing viewership, and therefore sponsors, and therefore money, and therefore can no longer "afford" Monday Night Football?

Is EVERYTHING about politics?

My guess is that their announcers suck! They pick crappy games to feature! They need to move the time as it runs way too late for working folks! Many, many other reasons...

PsyOps

Pixelated

My guess is that their announcers suck! They pick crappy games to feature! They need to move the time as it runs way too late for working folks! Many, many other reasons...

So, it's only coincidental that they are losing viewers and money in conjunction with those non-political :rolleyes" kneelers?

And, it needs to be mentioned that ESPN has decided it's duty to insert political commentary in their sports reporting, which is a huge turn-off for sports fans.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It certainly appears so, doesn't it? Political activism is pretty much taking over every aspect of our pop culture. Don't yell at me about it, yell at the people who can't seem to make a movie or play a sport without going all SJW with it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And, it needs to be mentioned that ESPN has decided it's duty to insert political commentary in their sports reporting, which is a huge turn-off for sports fans.

Well clearly Monello, and I, and this forum are responsible for that.

:rolleyes:

Restitution

So, it's only coincidental that they are losing viewers and money in conjunction with those non-political :rolleyes" kneelers?

Newsflash....

ESPN has been losing MNF viewers since they decided to have Dennis Miller in the booth. Actually, up until a few weeks ago... viewership was UP.

Restitution

Don't yell at me about it, yell at the people who can't seem to make a movie or play a sport without going all SJW with it.

Or.... post in a thread? :shrug:

In today's environment, politics = ratings. PERIOD! It attracts people and creates controversy and attracts sycophants.

Please try to tell me you do not agree with this :lmao:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Or.... post in a thread?

In today's environment, politics = ratings. PERIOD! It attracts people and creates controversy and attracts sycophants.

Obviously it’s not working out for ESPN or the NFL...........just sayin’

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Or.... post in a thread? :shrug:

It attracts a specific audience, but there are a great number of people who have precisely zero interest in politics. Or do you not pay attention to all the complainers on here who get bent because every thread is about politics (including yourself) (who just want to complain but don't care enough to start a thread discussing what *they* are interested in, nor do they participate in threads that others start that have nothing to do with politics, and in fact their forum participation is almost exclusively limited to complaining that there are too many politics threads).

Restitution

Or do you not pay attention to all the complainers on here who get bent because every thread is about politics

So you are saying that you are OK with every single thread on here being bent towards politics? Gotcha :yay:

who just want to complain but don't care enough to start a thread discussing what *they* are interested in, nor do they participate in threads that others start that have nothing to do with politics, and in fact their forum participation is almost exclusively limited to complaining that there are too many politics threads).

Ummmm... why bother starting a new thread? So it can be turned political??

When the very first reply about a sports network losing viewership is about blaming politics..... from the site administrator.... how can anyone NOT think that most threads on here get turned to politics?

DAMN... it must suck to have your entire day absorbed with politics and political website hunting and fact checking :doh: