Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Oysters and Beer at Reluctant Navigator

  1. #1
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,855
    Blog Entries
    2

    Oysters and Beer at Reluctant Navigator

    Saturday, November 11
    Noon to 5pm
    Reluctant Navigator at Tall Timbers Marina


    This is a Veteran's Day fundraising event to support Patuxent Habitat for Humanity for assisting local veterans with home repairs. A portion of all sales will be donated to this terrific organization.

    They'll have several beer distributors with with tastings, a small menu from the kitchen, and lots of local oysters...fried, raw, scalded, grilled, etc. Music will be provided by the Dixie Brambles. Admission is free and as always this event is family-friendly.

    Name:  RN-Oysters.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  90.5 KB
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Saturday, November 11
    Noon to 5pm
    Reluctant Navigator at Tall Timbers Marina


    This is a Veteran's Day fundraising event to support Patuxent Habitat for Humanity for assisting local veterans with home repairs. A portion of all sales will be donated to this terrific organization.

    They'll have several beer distributors with with tastings, a small menu from the kitchen, and lots of local oysters...fried, raw, scalded, grilled, etc. Music will be provided by the Dixie Brambles. Admission is free and as always this event is family-friendly.

    Name:  RN-Oysters.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  90.5 KB

    Id go but oysters are nasty, never liked them. Ever. The beer, OTOH....
    Don't confuse what you do to live with what you do to survive.

  3. #3
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,855
    Blog Entries
    2
    *bump*

    Oysters and beer today at Reluctant Navigator! If you're looking for something to do, this is always an excellent event. Good food, fun people, music, on the water...you can't go wrong! They have a lovely heated patio area that looks out over...I think it's Herring Creek?

    http://www.talltimbersmarinasomd.com/
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #4
    Awesome ! More oyster options than ever before and a huge crowd. The guy selling the smoked oysters on crackers was not only new...his product was hittin
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  5. #5
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,855
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Awesome ! More oyster options than ever before and a huge crowd. The guy selling the smoked oysters on crackers was not only new...his product was hittin
    I haven't had smoked oysters in awhile and I've never had them fresh smoked (just in the tin). Did they have a lot of people?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    I haven't had smoked oysters in awhile and I've never had them fresh smoked (just in the tin). Did they have a lot of people?
    Packed to the max. The guy with the canned (in a jar) smoked oysters was overwhelmed....ran out of oysters. Everything about this event was on the mark.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  7. #7
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,855
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Packed to the max. The guy with the canned (in a jar) smoked oysters was overwhelmed....ran out of oysters. Everything about this event was on the mark.
    I love Reluctant Navigator.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  8. #8
    Surely a typo or misunderstanding, but it was pretty funny seeing the ad say 25% of admissions go to the charity and the post said admission is free

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by wubbles View Post
    Surely a typo or misunderstanding, but it was pretty funny seeing the ad say 25% of admissions go to the charity and the post said admission is free
    An oops......admission was $5
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 70

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |