Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: 2nd and 9th Districts Tax Rate Increase for a new $8 million+ Fire/EMS Station

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NTNG View Post
    if the bought a LP-15 directly, then yes, they paid way too much. The State EMS agency < MIEMSS> has a matching grant program that will pay 50% of the cost. You have to apply for the grant, and then purchase the LP-15 thru a state contract vehicle.
    They have two or three wambulances. I believe this was for upgrades to EKG capabilities on several units.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    They have two or three wambulances. I believe this was for upgrades to EKG capabilities on several units.
    I get that, but as I stated, if they paid full price for even one LP-15 Defibrillator with out using the grant program, well then they paid way too much. Speaks volumes about the ability to plan and execute.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NTNG View Post
    I get that, but as I stated, if they paid full price for even one LP-15 Defibrillator with out using the grant program, well then they paid way too much. Speaks volumes about the ability to plan and execute.
    I have no information to suggest that they paid full price for one LP-15. This is what their report states for that unbudgeted item:

    – Life Pack 15 Lead $30K (unbudgeted – EKG preparation – new EMS capability)

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    I have no information to suggest that they paid full price for one LP-15. This is what their report states for that unbudgeted item:

    – Life Pack 15 Lead $30K (unbudgeted – EKG preparation – new EMS capability)
    Yes, that's full price for a LP-15.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NTNG View Post
    Yes, that's full price for a LP-15.
    Or upgrade to EKG telemetry for three of them.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by NTNG View Post
    Their EMS expenditures of $50K are a direct result of a failure in leadership in the department. How does the EMS division of a combined company go $50K in the hole on expenditures with out the leadership of the dept. knowing about? Did they agree to the purchases? Does the EMS division have autonomy and are not required to request/report purchases? If the leadership in the EMS division " snuck it by" the department, then they need to be relieved.
    One of those purchases totaled $22k on what boiled down to office supplies and bags. Some ems gear was included in that purchase, the gear never showed up. Their EMS chief had been suspended from the department for misuse of the department's credit card. Buying items that were not approved then refusing to return them. Instead of disciplining him because he wrote an apology, they reinstated his credit card authorization rights. Unrelated to money he proudly ran off 7 EMT's during his current reign most of whom were very active members, he has also caused the department to be subject to an EEOC investigation that is still ongoing. So I would say yes their current leadership is a total failure.


    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    They have two or three wambulances. I believe this was for upgrades to EKG capabilities on several units.
    That is all well and fine, except for the fact company 6 no paramedics that are allowed to practice in Saint Mary's County. The basic life support EMT 12 lead program has not been approved in Saint Mary's so their monitors are capable but not being used.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy54 View Post
    One of those purchases totaled $22k on what boiled down to office supplies and bags. Some ems gear was included in that purchase, the gear never showed up. Their EMS chief had been suspended from the department for misuse of the department's credit card. Buying items that were not approved then refusing to return them. Instead of disciplining him because he wrote an apology, they reinstated his credit card authorization rights. Unrelated to money he proudly ran off 7 EMT's during his current reign most of whom were very active members, he has also caused the department to be subject to an EEOC investigation that is still ongoing. So I would say yes their current leadership is a total failure.




    That is all well and fine, except for the fact company 6 no paramedics that are allowed to practice in Saint Mary's County. The basic life support EMT 12 lead program has not been approved in Saint Mary's so their monitors are capable but not being used.
    So if that's how the management < the term "Leadership" just does not seem to apply to Co. 6 > handles their funding, it seems absurd to expect the public to fund an $8-10 million purchase...

Members who have read this thread: 63

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |