The level of expected protection from Law Enforcement.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Synopsis, please?

And a rant:

Why does everything have to be some long ass video? Whatever happened to reading? Bullet points? Concise statements?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Synopsis, please?

And a rant:

Why does everything have to be some long ass video? Whatever happened to reading? Bullet points? Concise statements?

The Progbots can't read and CNN and MSNBC don't make coloring books.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I watched the vid and if it weren't 1st of the month and my task list a mile long, I'd have a lengthy dissertation regarding "justice" in this country.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Synopsis, please?

And a rant:

Person is confronted by a knife wielding assailant on the NY Subway.. two Armed NYPD cops are present, basically within arms reach.

Assailant pulls out an 8 inch long knife, cops step out of the enginneers compartment, assailants stabs victim, cops retreat back to the safety of the cab and close the door and watch the attack.. doing nothing to help or aid the victim, or any of the othe unarmed citizens/passengers on the train.

After the intitial stab victim tackles assailant, assailant continutes to stab the victim in the head and neck.. cops continue to watch from the other side of the glass partition and door of the cab, offering no help again.

After suffering multiple stab wounds and bleeding profusely, the victim disarms his assailant and subdues him at which point the cops come out of hiding and handcuff the assailant and arrest him, offering no aid to the victim while he continues to bleed to death on the train's floor.. a passerby armed only with a handful of napkins comes to his aid and tries to stop the bleeding, while he (the victim) passes out from the lack of blood.

Victim later sues the NYPD and the City of NY and loses his case, even though the police corroborate his story, sayin they thought the assailant had a gun so they retreated to the saftery of the engineers cab until the attack was over.

Court ruled in favor of the NYPD and the City as the police have no expectation nor reponsibility to protect you. They have every right to just stand there and watch you get stabbed to death, and even bleed to death after the conclusion of the attack.

Clem72

No legal obligation to protect? How about a moral obligation? What is the purpose of a cop (vice a detective) if they aren't required to prevent/intervene in a crime or lend aid?

And this may be the only documented time multiple armed officers said "I thought he had a gun, so I calmly and rationally decided not to shoot him."

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Makes me wonder if he sued for the wrong reasons.. don't sue the NYPD and the City for not protecting you, but sue the City and the Stare and use the evidence and SCOTUS ruling they used to support the case..

They, the City and State, have denied you the right and the ability to protect yourself, and being the police have no responsibility to protect you there are no means to protect yourself when attacked.

It's partially a 2A case, but it can be all encompassing rolled into the state removing all rights and responsibility to protect one's self, while also not providing any protection.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...and they can't help you anyway."