Mueller's Team Might Have Violated Manafort's Constitutional Rights

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The editor-in-chief at a well-known legal news website argued in an opinion piece on Tuesday that special counsel Robert Mueller’s team might have violated former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s Fourth Amendment rights, which could lead to major problems for the special counsel.

Mueller’s team raided Manafort’s multimillion-dollar home in Alexandria, Virginia on July 26, 2017, and in the process of executing a search warrant, they might have violated the law with some of the material they recovered, Rachel Stockman wrote at Law Newz.

According to CNN, Mueller’s team took documents during the raid that they were not allowed take:

During that raid, Mueller’s investigators took documents considered to be covered by attorney-client privilege, sources told CNN. Lawyers from the WilmerHale law firm, representing Manafort at the time, warned Mueller’s office that their search warrant didn’t allow access to attorney materials. The documents in question have now been returned, the sources say.

Stockman wrote that Manafort’s attorneys will seize upon this misstep by Mueller’s team and that the situation raises serious issues surrounding Manafort’s constitutional rights, which could throw the investigation off balance as investigators cannot “unsee” evidence once they have seen it.

Report: Mueller's Team Might Have Violated Manafort's Constitutional Rights
"The Fourth Amendment is violated whenever law enforcement officials have reason to believe that a search or seizure is likely to expose them to privileged attorney-client communications and fail to take reasonable steps to minimize their exposure."

:killingme

I hope this is true ..... and Manafort walks because the FBI got overzealous

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What? The FBI under Comey making mistakes by doing things they should not be doing, violating peoples rights in order to protect others, unethical things like that? No way!:sarcasm: (to the nth degree.......)

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dear FBI,

How about instead of fretting about some tax evader, you concentrate on domestic terrorism and try to prevent these Islamic attacks from happening in our cities?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Dear FBI,

How about instead of fretting about some tax evader, you concentrate on domestic terrorism and try to prevent these Islamic attacks from happening in our cities?

What? You don't like "Cultural exchange" :shrug:

Sapidus

:killingme

I hope this is true ..... and Manafort walks because the FBI got overzealous

So you hope someone charged with the following crimes against our country walks away because you support his party.

You really are a piece of trash

conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

Almost exactly what they are going to nail Tony Podesta for too. Wonder if those guys went to the same school....?

This_person

So you hope someone charged with the following crimes against our country walks away because you support his party.

I can't speak for Gurps, but I can tell you that IF they violated his rights he walks. Same as the murderer who the prosecution cannot convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt is a murderer without cheating. When the government oversteps its bounds, we all lose.

That has nothing to do with party. If Hillary cannot be gotten without violating her civil rights, she should walk.

this is called "intellectual and moral consistency". Give it a try sometime :cheers:

Sapidus

Almost exactly what they are going to nail Tony Podesta for too. Wonder if those guys went to the same school....?

I can't speak for Gurps, but I can tell you that IF they violated his rights he walks. Same as the murderer who the prosecution cannot convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt is a murderer without cheating. When the government oversteps its bounds, we all lose.

That has nothing to do with party. If Hillary cannot be gotten without violating her civil rights, she should walk.

this is called "intellectual and moral consistency". Give it a try sometime :cheers:

The difference is he said he “hopes” he walks because they were overzealous indicating he wants him to get away with these crimes against our country. It shows he cares more about party then country. He didn’t say if they violated his rights I would hope he walks since it was unfair. Try reading before you start defending idiotic positions moron.

And shut up about Hillary already. You are insane.

This_person

The difference is he said he “hopes” he walks because they were overzealous indicating he wants him to get away with these crimes against our country. It shows he cares more about party then country. He didn’t say if they violated his rights I would hope he walks since it was unfair. Try reading before you start defending idiotic positions moron.

And shut up about Hillary already. You are insane.

Well, if you wanted to word it in a way to counter me (since you said essentially what I said), you'd have to say, "The difference is he said he hopes it's true that they were overzealous so the guy can walk" Do you see how what you said was exactly what he DIDN'T say?

I don't see where he mentioned anyone's party. I don't see where Manafort is a strong party advocate at all, he's just a business person.

So, you again are making more #### up, and being worried about keeping the criminal Hillary's name out there and recounting even a few of her many crimes, that are all actually undisputed.

So, while I think even the dull and ignorant have a right to speak, you are really pushing that right to the breaking point.

Hijinx

LMAO' You idiot, you have been supporting a woman who allowed secret information to be taken from her computer that had no security, who allowed secret info to be passed to a jerk-off who sent pictures of his penis to little girls Supporting a woman who sold her official office to the highest bidder, and lied to the parents of 4 people she got killed.

And you have the balls to call someone else a piece of trash.?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Try reading before you start defending idiotic positions moron.

You are certifiably insane, sport. Everyone on here except your few buddies (MR, Seven, Resty, and Transgender) know and recognize that.

But rock on...the entertainment value is priceless. Please.

Sapidus

You are certifiably insane, sport. Everyone on here except your few buddies (MR, Seven, Resty, and Transgender) know and recognize that.

But rock on...the entertainment value is priceless. Please.

If a group of mouth breathing racist,, homophobic fake Christians who are too dumb to even realize they have been conned by a snake oil salesman think I’m insane I must be doing something right.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So you hope someone charged with the following crimes against our country walks away because you support his party. :bs:

Triggered .... :killingme
NOT MY PARTY .... the ineptitude in law enforcement is staggering

if Manafort's rights were violated he should walk, but a partisan hack lack yourself doesn't get that

you want anyone disagreeing with you shut up, jailed or worse

The difference is he said he “hopes” he walks because they were overzealous indicating he wants him to get away with these crimes against our country.

It shows he cares more about party then country. - you don't know one thing about me :shortbus:

He didn’t say if they violated his rights I would hope he walks since it was unfair.

GOP ≠ My Party
OVERZELOUS FBI Agents grabbed papers they were not supposed to .....

Last edited: