The Democratic Civil War Is Getting Nasty, Even if No One Is Paying Attention

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Democratic Civil War Is Getting Nasty, Even if No One Is Paying Attention

In the weeks after Greenberg published his critique, I spoke with several other veterans of the Bill Clinton years who shared his appraisal of Hillary’s campaign—and said that their advice had also been ignored. “They viewed people like me and Bill Clinton as yesteryear,” one, who ran his campaign in a key Midwestern state and played a public role in Hillary Clinton’s campaign there as well, said. “They thought the world has changed, politics has changed. But their analytics were flawed. They were treating this like a third term for Obama, and it was a big mistake.” The internal critics, they told me, had also included the former President, but he was, as Greenberg put it when we talked, “frozen out.”

This was, I realized, one of the hidden stories of the 2016 election. A former top adviser to the Clinton campaign said that Greenberg’s gripes were a “misplaced diagnosis for why we lost” and noted that Bill Clinton had been a vigorous participant in the campaign’s strategic discussions. Hillary Clinton herself alluded to Greenberg’s critique, though not thecampaign’s internal debates over it, in her recent memoir, dismissing as “baloney” Greenberg’s argument that she “went silent on the economy and change” in the key final days before the election. But, even if the fight is in part an exercise in after-the-fact finger-pointing, the campaign’s internal struggles over how to talk to the Trump base in the formerly Democratic states of Middle America are just as relevant, polarizing, and unresolved today as they were a year ago. Should Democrats bet their future on attacking Trump and pledge, as the California billionaire donor Tom Steyer now wants them to do, to pursue Trump’s impeachment, at all costs, if they win back the House next year? Should they give up on the white voters who went for Trump in 2016 even though many had been reliably Democratic in the past? Was Clinton’s defeated primary challenger, Bernie Sanders, right to try to pull the Party to the left?

Burn Baby, Burn.

SamSpade

Just saw a bit on the Internet where the DNC needed tech people, and told recruiters that "cisgender straight white males" need not apply.
It seems that having been found out, they are walking it back.

I don't know how you deem to represent the American people when it's clear that you clearly HATE a lot of them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't know how you deem to represent the American people when it's clear that you clearly HATE a lot of them.

Indeed, that is why the Dems Lost ... the country is MORE than Both Coasts

but these progressives have such a hatred and distaste for anyone 'not them'

Look at Sappy - Anyone that doesn't hold his / her 'views' is stupid, a moron, selfish ... etc
A shining example of Progressive Tolerance

nutz

Just saw a bit on the Internet where the DNC needed tech people, and told recruiters that "cisgender straight white males" need not apply.
It seems that having been found out, they are walking it back.

EEO rule followers need not apply? :1bdz:

Hijinx

EEO rule followers need not apply? :1bdz:

Cisgender. Even the word pisses me off and anyone who would use it is an ass.

If you are born a man and respond like a man and grow as a man and realize you are a man, they insult you by calling you cisgender instead of a man.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I like Donna Brazile when she's not embarrassing herself by spewing retarded party talking points. I'd like to see her find a real job so she can be a real political analyst and say what she really thinks. She could be a regular on The Five and I would schedule my life around it, even now that they've moved to an inconvenient time slot. She and Gutfeld could have their own show and I'd buy it on demand.

PsyOps

Pixelated

It's interesting to watch some of these democrats finally come to the reality of deeply corrupt the Clintons are; something many of us have seen for decades. After reading the book "Blood Sport" I saw that the Clintons wielded their power through fear and threats; the kind of despotism you'd see from deadly dictators. There's a laundry-list of death that follows them. There is a laundry-list of sexual depravity that follows them. They have destroyed the lives of people that were abused by them, yet democrats still supported these monsters. I had resolved myself to the fact that democrats in general are just depraved. Maybe that's changing. I hope it's changing. We need to be rid of these people - the Clintons.

Hijinx

I like Donna Brazile when she's not embarrassing herself by spewing retarded party talking points. I'd like to see her find a real job so she can be a real political analyst and say what she really thinks. She could be a regular on The Five and I would schedule my life around it, even now that they've moved to an inconvenient time slot. She and Gutfeld could have their own show and I'd buy it on demand.

At least Donna Brazille is a real racist, not a phony racist who likes to play like he isn't like Juan Williams.