Singer Asks White Audience Members To Go To The Back

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As she has done before, last month, Lido Pimienta, a Colombian-Canadian singer, asked audience members of color to move to the front and white members to move to the back. Unlike other times she has made that request, some white members refused to act in accordance with her request, including a white female volunteer who was reportedly there to photograph the show.

Pimienta told Billboard:

When I started asking womxn to the front, I noticed how white women were usually at the front and brown girls would be behind the white girls, a bit more shy, a bit more restrained. Even at HPX, I had to call out a few black girls who were "too shocked" and felt I was "putting them on the spot" by saying, "Girl come to the front! This is for you!" As an immigrant, as an Afro-Indigenous person, as an intersectional feminist, as a mother and all of the other signifiers that qualify me as "other," I understand what it is like to not see yourself in the media, to not see yourself in institutions and to not see yourself represented or reflected at a music show, because the "artist of colour" (and I put that in quotation marks because even that term is extremely problematic), we don’t get to see each other at that level.

Singer Asks White Audience Members To Go To The Back Of the Audience. Then This Happens.

well why doesn't she just out right ban whites from her concerts ....
one pays for a ticket in a certain spot [more for up front] and the performer demands you move to the back in you are white

Nice

DEEKAYPEE8569

As she has done before, last month, Lido Pimienta, a Colombian-Canadian singer, asked audience members of color to move to the front and white members to move to the back. Unlike other times she has made that request, some white members refused to act in accordance with her request, including a white female volunteer who was reportedly there to photograph the show.

Pimienta told Billboard:

When I started asking womxn to the front, I noticed how white women were usually at the front and brown girls would be behind the white girls, a bit more shy, a bit more restrained. Even at HPX, I had to call out a few black girls who were "too shocked" and felt I was "putting them on the spot" by saying, "Girl come to the front! This is for you!" As an immigrant, as an Afro-Indigenous person, as an intersectional feminist, as a mother and all of the other signifiers that qualify me as "other," I understand what it is like to not see yourself in the media, to not see yourself in institutions and to not see yourself represented or reflected at a music show, because the "artist of colour" (and I put that in quotation marks because even that term is extremely problematic), we don’t get to see each other at that level.

Singer Asks White Audience Members To Go To The Back Of the Audience. Then This Happens.

well why doesn't she just out right ban whites from her concerts ....
one pays for a ticket in a certain spot [more for up front] and the performer demands you move to the back in you are white

Nice
It's discrimination plain and simple; just not the kind of discrimination that's more prevalent in the world. That would be the last time I would pay money for anything by this singer.

Hijinx

Why would a white person go to see this racist POS to start with?

Gotdam we outgrew this type of BS years ago, where blacks were asked to go to the back of the bus and these (I don't know the word) Idiots? want to bring it back?
There must be a better word than idiot. Ignoramus maybe, but still not strong enough.

People like this are pulling Americans apart, they want us at each others throats.
WTF is going on in a world where some fool asks her paying audience for whites to move to the back because she wants to sing for blacks.
Where a reporter goes to the WH and has the audacity, the impudence, the outright disrespect to ask if the President supports slavery.?

Hijinx

I have never even heard of that person.

[video=youtube;ytyXbEgQKuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytyXbEgQKuo[/video]

You probably won't hear a lot from her, I guess some people might call her chanting a talent.

She aint going to make it on her body or looks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have never even heard of that person.

Indeed, just like that doughnut licker a yr or so ago ...... but they are fun to laugh at

some-people-are-like-slinkies.jpg

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Has anyone bothered to inform this anencephalic dunderhead that Columbia is in South America, or is it her Canadian half that's afro-indigenous?

black dog

Free America
Probably the same white people that would apologize, get up out of their seats and actualy move to the back..

I would have enjoyed being at one of her concerts, when she would have made that statement about moving to the back,that's when my loud and very clear heckling would have started... My opener would have been on the lines of,,,,, Shut the #### up and sing, that's what we paid you to do...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Imagine how confused Rachel Dolezal would be at 1 of those concerts.

Obama could sit in the middle.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Imagine how confused Rachel Dolezal would be at 1 of those concerts.

Obama could sit in the middle.

Obama would NEVER miss a chance to jump up on the stage and take over the directing of "typical white" women like his grandmother (who raised and coddled him like no POC mammy ever could)