Why Bureaucracies Don’t Stop Terror

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why Bureaucracies Don’t Stop Terror

Of course Sayfullo Saipov “had been on the radar of federal authorities,” as the New York Times put it in a report that had the stink of inevitability on it. Who else was on the radar of the relevant law-enforcement and intelligence agencies?

Omar Mateen, Syed Farook’s social circle, Nidal Hasan, Adam Lanza, the 2015 Garland attackers, the Boston Marathon bombers . . .

The 2015 Paris attackers were “on the radar” of French authorities, as were the Charlie Hebdo killers. The Copenhagen terrorists were known to local authorities. Man Haron Monis, who staged an attack in Sydney, had written a letter to Australia’s attorney general inquiring about whether he’d get into legal trouble for communicating with ISIS. The men behind the Quebec car-ramming and the shooting at parliament were known to Canadian authorities. Mehdi Nemmouche, who murdered four peoples at the Jewish Museum in Brussels, was a convicted armed robber who was under surveillance after traveling back and forth to Syria.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...lane-terror-attack-case-institutional-failure

transporter

Huh, interesting article. That's some nice Monday morning quarterbacking. Do you or the author understand anything about our legal system? People are innocent in this country until proven guilty.

Your typically suspect source cites a NY Times article as the impetus for its rage. Here is the link: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/nyregion/sayfullo-saipov-manhattan-truck-attack.html

And here is what it says about the driver of the rented truck. (BTW...where is Gilligan's outrage. As I watched Fox News' orgasmic coverage of a brown person committed a crime the reporter kept describing the weapon as a rental CAR! Gilligan, with his phd in statistics should be just livid over that given his apoplectic reactions to descriptions of other weapons used in terrorist attacks.)

As investigators began on Tuesday to look into Mr. Saipov’s history, it became clear that he had been on the radar of federal authorities. Three officials said he had come to their attention as a result of an unrelated investigation, but it was not clear whether that was because he was a friend, an associate or a family member of someone under scrutiny or because he had been the focus of an investigation.

One day GURPS you may learn to research the sh!t you post before you post it. The day you start doing that is that day you'll stop posting 1000 BS articles.

In this case your author strokes out over the words "on the radar". In this case, those words so far have no meaning. And, in this country you and the rest of your little cultists claim to love so dearly, we do have a system of laws that says you can't arrest someone unless they actually commit a crime. This basic foundational principle of our country extends to the President who should not comment on the legal status of the accused. Our incompetent President with his "send him to Gitmo" and "DEATH PENALTY" comments gets the cultists all ginned up and makes prosecution more difficult. I guess that is just another item we can add to the list of things our President doesn't know.

This_person

Our incompetent President with his "send him to Gitmo" and "DEATH PENALTY" comments gets the cultists all ginned up and makes prosecution more difficult. I guess that is just another item we can add to the list of things our President doesn't know.

At least he didn't say, "I don't know what happened, but I know this - the police acted stupidly."

Hijinx

At least he didn't say, "I don't know what happened, but I know this - the police acted stupidly."

He also didn't say the most beautiful sound he ever heard was the Muslim call to pray ----for the deaths and slavery of infidels.