Hurricane payback employment report

transporter

Decent employment report: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Up 261,000, but well below expectations. 89,000 of that was a hurricane rebound employment at "food and drinking places".

Sept was revised up to a positive number. This change keeps the long streak of positive employment reports active. Aug was also revised up.

Averaging out the last 3 months gives you +162 monthly gains. Job creation over the first 10 months of the year is about 1.47M, the lowest since 2012. This slowdown in employment growth was expected as this has been a very long expansion.

Just a reminder that 1 year ago, when all the numbers were better, they were all a lie. This year, when the numbers are worse (but still acceptable), the employment report is the greatest news since time began.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just a reminder that 1 year ago, when all the numbers were better, they were all a lie. This year, when the numbers are worse (but still acceptable), the employment report is the greatest news since time began.

Sure hope you only sling burgers or wait tables for a living. I shudder to think you might have any responsibilities greater than those.

transporter

Sure hope you only sling burgers or wait tables for a living. I shudder to think you might have any responsibilities greater than those.

I am quite sure you shudder when you think. It happens so infrequently that your body most likely does have a negative reaction.

BTW...that's all you have as a reply? Truthfulness in the use of facts really upsets you doesn't it? This was a decent report as most of the employment reports have been for the last 7 years.

This_person

I am quite sure you shudder when you think. It happens so infrequently that your body most likely does have a negative reaction.

BTW...that's all you have as a reply? Truthfulness in the use of facts really upsets you doesn't it? This was a decent report as most of the employment reports have been for the last 7 years.

Workforce participation rate, my personal opinion for most important measure, is starting to rebound. That's a good thing, but much more is needed to ensure that the trend continues.

black dog

Free America
Not really. But *if* he worked, I'd like to think its in some position where ability to wreak havoc is minimized.

Shes still in Helper Classification, as bad as she wants to yell " Momback " it will be at least 3 more years...

images (2).jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

:lmao::lmao: That's all ya got??