Thank goodness Trump exited Paris Accords!!

transporter

Here is the summary of the latest report which the Trump administration signed off on:

This assessment concludes, based on extensive evidence, that it is extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. For the warming over the last century, there is no convincing alternative explanation supported by the extent of the observational evidence.

What is this from:

This report is an authoritative assessment of the science of climate change, with a focus on the United States. It represents the first of two volumes of the Fourth National Climate Assessment, mandated by the Global Change Research Act of 1990.
1990...how can that be a Republican was President? Oh...that's when Republicans were actually Republicans and not what they are today.

Here is the full report: https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

I guess dailywire and the rest of the right wing propaganda press hasn't reported this yet? So let me take a stab at how they will report this...fake news created by the deep state of Obama leftovers (because anyone working in the govt prior to Jan 20, 2017 was personally hired by Barrack Obama and swore an oath of loyalty to Obama) as a means to make our President look incompetent.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We've reduced greenhouse emissions to a remarkable degree already. Giving billions of dollars away to other countries is all the we avoided by pulling out.

Hijinx

Well: It's been great. Here it is November and we haven't had our first frost yet. My oil bill has gone down because I have burned less fuel. Which means less emissions.

I loved the way this report called itself the Authoratative report.
They declared that themselves so it must be so. LOL

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Scientists need government grant money. They have to go where the money is. They have to play along. Why do you want scientists to starve? Why do you hate scientists?

:razz:

I don't hate scientists at all. In fact, "scientist" is on my list of future careers to earn easy money. I can do it while I'm sending out Nigerian prince emails and selling timeshares.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't hate scientists at all. In fact, "scientist" is on my list of future careers to earn easy money. I can do it while I'm sending out Nigerian prince emails and selling timeshares.

Ha...following my career to the letter, arncha?

Don't let this get around to too many people.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Here is the summary of the latest report which the Trump administration signed off on:

What is this from:

1990...how can that be a Republican was President? Oh...that's when Republicans were actually Republicans and not what they are today.

Here is the full report: https://science2017.globalchange.gov/

I guess dailywire and the rest of the right wing propaganda press hasn't reported this yet? So let me take a stab at how they will report this...fake news created by the deep state of Obama leftovers (because anyone working in the govt prior to Jan 20, 2017 was personally hired by Barrack Obama and swore an oath of loyalty to Obama) as a means to make our President look incompetent.

You know I don't disbelieve these scientists, I never have. But to qualify that I don't have a background that would allow me to accurately gauge the underlying proof of their statements. Added on top of that is the fact that their short term predictions have so regularly failed to pan out that they've quit doing them and only do long term ones. Past that is there are experts, scientists in these fields that do not believe in these doom and gloom predictions. They've offered to debate these scientists on a level playing field, Mano e Mano, and let them defend their theories on a world stage. The 100% consensus was that we don't want to confuse the public with facts, we already have more than enough to sway opinion in our direction.
You make this happen, let the experts duke it out and you may change some minds. Until then you're just pissing in the wind.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Any "scientist" who says "the science is settled" is a bull#### artist. Science is never "settled" - never has been. New information and theories and hypotheses abound in real science. What we think we "know" is always being restudied and reevaluated by real scientists.

And if a "scientist" won't debate or defend their "findings" that should be an enormous red flag and sure sign that they're full of crap.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Any "scientist" who says "the science is settled" is a bull#### artist. Science is never "settled" - never has been. New information and theories and hypotheses abound in real science. What we think we "know" is always being restudied and reevaluated by real scientists.

And if a "scientist" won't debate or defend their "findings" that should be an enormous red flag and sure sign that they're full of crap.

https://www.whistleblower.org/blog/...d-white-attack-climate-science-and-scientists

This is the debate forum I was speaking of. It's great that they have a peer review process, but it's a case of preaching to the converted. If you want to get the hard questions answered you have to go up against a hostile audience, people who think your premise is asinine and are willing to put it that way.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I guess dailywire and the rest of the right wing propaganda press hasn't reported this yet?

Oh For ####s Sake You Are Pathetic ...... :blahblah:

This assessment concludes, based on extensive evidence, that it is extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. For the warming over the last century, there is no convincing alternative explanation supported by the extent of the observational evidence.

:bs:

On That ENTIRE SUMMERY ..... Increased Sun Spots over an 11 yr span warmed the Ocean Releasing Trapped CO2

now that the sun spot activity has DECLINED - Surprise, Surprise the Planet has been in a cooling trend now it its 5th yr [or longer]

this was back in 2013, and cooling continues

To The Horror Of Global Warming Alarmists, Global Cooling Is Here

Data Analyses Show Rapid Global Surface Cooling, Growing Arctic Ice Thickness

Last edited:

Rommey

Kinda like when TJ/transporter starts a new thread and then never returns for any debate or conversation. The parallels are amazingly similar: arrogant, condescending, insulting, and full of crap...