Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas church shooter dishonorably discharged from the US Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Other forums are stating that is fake...
    I posted that 20 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    It proves not a thing about the availability of guns, except that maybe we needed more good guys with guns to avoid even more deaths. It proves freedom is risky. So, the question is, do you accept the risk, or do you want less freedom?
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Those that would trade genuine freedom for "perceived safety" deserve neither.

'SHE'S A BAD B***H' Texas church shooting – Facebook rants of ‘creepy’ gunman Devin Kelley, 26, who preached atheism before killing 26 churchgoers

THE “deranged” gunman who killed 26 churchgoers in Texas was militant atheist who ranted on Facebook about “stupid” religious people.

Devin Kelley, 26, who opened fire on worshippers in First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs yesterday, was described as “creepy” and “weird” by former schoolmates.
    Texas shooter Devin Kelley is described as 'weird' and as being an 'atheist' by his former classmates

Texas shooter Devin Kelley is described as 'weird' and as being an 'atheist' by his former classmates

Classmate Nina Rosa Nava write on Facebook that the mass murderer used to rant on the social network about his atheist beliefs.

She said: “He was always talking about how people who believe in God were stupid and trying to preach his atheism.”

UPDATE: Sutherland Springs Gunman Devin Kelley Wore “All Black” – Facebook Page Suggests He Was Diehard Atheist, CNN Fan
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Those that would trade genuine freedom for "perceived safety" deserve neither.
    Agreed. My big question since I heard this yesterday, is was the perp legally allowed to own or purchase a firearm? Stemming from a courts martial conviction and subsequent dishonorable discharge, I would hope not. And if they are legally allowed to own a firearm, I, as an avid 2A proponent, would like to have that law changed to make it illegal for any dishonorably discharged person to possess a firearm of any kind.

This is what I found, and it looks pretty clear to me:

The dishonorable discharge is based on a general court-martial conviction. This means the conviction is a felony, regardless of what the underlying offense may have been. The convicted felon is banned from possessing a firearm including Title II Firearms (a Silencer, SBR, SBS, AOW, or Machine Gun).

A person who is convicted of a crime that is punishable by imprisonment for more than one year ( including a dishonorable discharge) is prohibited from possessing a firearm. Under 18 U.S.C. 922(g), a felon who is found guilty of gun possession may serve up to 10 years in prison.

"If you have been convicted of a felony or a dishonorable discharge, be careful of constructive possession. You could be guilty of being in possession of a firearm if your spouse or another family or household member has a firearm that you “could” access."

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2010/...e-and-nfa.html
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I posted that 20 minutes ago.
    I'll give you the lucky star of the day...

Name:  images (46).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  5.8 KB
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Was it a Dishonorable Discharge or a Bad Conduct Discharge? Two sites I looked at didn't say that someone discharged with a BCD was not allowed to own a firearm.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

EXCLUSIVE: 'Creepy, crazy and weird': Former classmates say Texas gunman was an 'outcast' who 'preached his atheism' online before killing 26 in the state’s worst ever mass shooting

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xfsUU8T8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

so the Shooter was known for 'preaching his atheism' .... so a Unstable Progressive Christian Hater
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    .... so a Unstable Progressive Christian Hater
    Sounds like someone around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Sounds like someone around here.

you had that thought as well huh

Members who have read this thread: 73