Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Convention....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Why do I care about this?

That's a real question - you're smart and you posted it for a reason, so please explain to me why it interested you.
    The Trump election showed that our country desires change. There are parts of the Constituon that have withstood the test of time and I believe our founding fathers were guided by a higher source.
    ....but our Federal government and Congress have served its own self interest for too long.
    I believe the the most important amendment is the 10th and it’s been abandoned.
    Congress is not going to change, both Republicans and Democrats are no longer representing “We, the people”
    A Constitutional Convention is the only way to make changes that really count.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

There isn't a single state controlled by Democrats that would ever favor a Convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    There isn't a single state controlled by Democrats that would ever favor a Convention.
    We are 32 Republican Controlled States......and another Election cycle next year

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The fact remains that people in office very rarely get voted OUT. They hold too much power, once ensconced. When 90-95% of the House gets re-elected - and the Senate, similarly - you're talking too much power.
    Which begs the question: How does a group with an approval rating consistently less than 20% consistently get reelected?
    Go back and search before you rock back that Pez dispenser of Stupid called a mouth. ~ Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Rommey View Post
    Which begs the question: How does a group with an approval rating consistently less than 20% consistently get reelected?
    Gerrymandering and campaign coffers chock full of special interest money. How could anyone outspend Steny for example?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    The Trump election showed that our country desires change. There are parts of the Constituon that have withstood the test of time and I believe our founding fathers were guided by a higher source.
    ....but our Federal government and Congress have served its own self interest for too long.
    I believe the the most important amendment is the 10th and it’s been abandoned.
    Congress is not going to change, both Republicans and Democrats are no longer representing “We, the people”
    A Constitutional Convention is the only way to make changes that really count.
    Do you think Republicans would really do that? There's so much party in-fighting that I can't imagine them coming together as one to amend our Constitution. I read the CBS story and what it sounds like to me is that they're trying to frighten liberals so that they'll come our hard to defeat Ed Gillespie. Then at the bottom it says:

So regardless of what happens on Tuesday, we should not assume that a rewriting of the Constitution is imminent, although it is arguably becoming more plausible.

They had just spent a whole story telling us that a rewriting of the Constitution IS probable, based on the writings of....Mark Levin. I'm guessing today and tomorrow we'll be hearing more about this constitutional convention thing and how it means Republicans (boo! hiss!) will repeal the 13th and perhaps 14th amendments.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

They had just spent a whole story telling us that a rewriting of the Constitution IS probable, based on the writings of....Mark Levin.
    Ever read his Liberty Amendments?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Ever read his Liberty Amendments?
    No - I don't think I've ever read anything by him. Just listened to him on the radio occasionally.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Rommey View Post
    It is because people hate "congress" as a group but don't mind their own representative. They do a very good job in creating a boogey man that gets the hate instead of them.

Like someone else said if there were term limits mostly all that would change would be the name of the rep/senator.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    Gerrymandering and campaign coffers chock full of special interest money. How could anyone outspend Steny for example?
    Several years ago Charles Lollar should have ran as a Democrat and pasted his face all over election signs in PG county.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 48