Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware of School Bus #622 in St. Mary's County

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Are you kidding? You see a bus full of kids breaking the law and you don't report it? The biggest shame you could put on this person is to have them lose their job because they put our children's lives at risk. You could have called the police, the St. Mary's County Public Schools, DOT...
    The bus did not have any kids on it. Was just starting it’s next run after dropping off Spring Ridge Middle School students.

Quote Originally Posted by TPD View Post
    The bus did not have any kids on it. Was just starting itís next run after dropping off Spring Ridge Middle School students.
    Seems to me NOT reporting this is as big of a "Richard move" as the bus driver's. Venting on community forums has zero effect on how this bus driver will drive in the future. Reporting the driver might just save someone's life.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I have had school buses pull out right in front of me making a right on red. I have also had them almost merge into me.

The bus driving around here is pretty scary, what can you expect for part time contracted out drivers though?
    Regardless of employment status, they are all trained and licensed. I think a Richard Cranium driver is a Richard Cranium driver, i.e. that's probably how they drive in a private vehicle.
    Out problem is we expect "professionalism" from certain public sector employees. Personalities don't flip switches, if their a DH , always a DH. If you can get away with a power move,
    You have people who will take advantage. Trust me, they would as soon falsely accuse JQpublic as take illegal short cuts
    Live outside a large city, city cops were know to live in the immediate suburbs. If you did something to piss off that cop, while he was off duty, you could find yourself in city traffic court with all sorts of charges, from parking to some moving violations.
    They just write the ticket, fill in your vehicle information and let the courts work the rest.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

I did not report it - did not catch the bus owner’s name on the side of the bus. What would that actually accomplish anyway? Isn’t public shaming on this forum much better?
    Bus number should be enough. And I second that dashcam suggestion.

https://www.amazon.com/YI-1080P60-Da...70_&dpSrc=srch
    "I aim to misbehave."

Blog Entries
    Isnít public shaming on this forum much better?
    No. Public shaming won't get the driver reprimanded or fired, and in fact accomplishes precisely nothing. You need to report it. Think how bad you'd feel if this crazy driver caused an accident with a bus load of kids and they were hurt of killed, and you didn't report him/her when you saw them engaging in reckless behavior.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

The bus did not have any kids on it. Was just starting it’s next run after dropping off Spring Ridge Middle School students.
    Oh, so just making up for lost time.

Speed limit on Wildewood Parkway is 30 MPH. WARNING - if you are exiting Wildewood on the Parkway after Evergreen ES drop off you will need to pick up your game or you risk finding a yellow and black vehicle firmly parked in your arse.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

The bus did not have any kids on it. Was just starting itís next run after dropping off Spring Ridge Middle School students.
    Oh, well. That makes all the difference in the world. I guess a careless school bus driver can't harm anyone if there are no kids present.

Sounds like this occurred in the Lexington Park area, which according to a recent study, was named the most wonderful place to live on planet Earth

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Seems to me NOT reporting this is as big of a "Richard move" as the bus driver's. Venting on community forums has zero effect on how this bus driver will drive in the future. Reporting the driver might just save someone's life.

Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    no. Public shaming won't get the driver reprimanded or fired, and in fact accomplishes precisely nothing. You need to report it. Think how bad you'd feel if this crazy driver caused an accident with a bus load of kids and they were hurt of killed, and you didn't report him/her when you saw them engaging in reckless behavior.

exactly!

Members who have read this thread: 143