Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: I love America

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    If you understand that taxes do not have to be the solution, why can't you understand taxes don't need to be the solution?
    More proof, Sappy old man, that you are incapable of comprehending facts contrary to your preconceived notions.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Zimbabwe had decent prospects until Mugabe took over
    This might get interesting, I wonder what Jimmy Carter's thoughts are nowdays.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...rt-mugabe-live

Zimbabwe: Robert Mugabe confined to home as army takes control – as it happened
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    This might get interesting, I wonder what Jimmy Carter's thoughts are nowdays.
    Jimmy must have always been proud of what he did for Mugabe..and Zimbabwe by extension. I'm sure he still is. :rollingeyes:
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

It's Africa. They will kill a lot of people, and swap one tyrant for another.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Still waiting.....
    I said I was happy to pay more. I didn't suggested they raise the tax rate. I said that lowering the it was not feasible for a number of reasons which I outlined. I never suggested that I believe the government should raise taxes beyond what they are currently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I said I was happy to pay more.
    Then do it. Write a check. Otherwise, shut your blow hole.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I said I was happy to pay more. I didn't suggested they raise the tax rate. I said that lowering the it was not feasible for a number of reasons which I outlined. I never suggested that I believe the government should raise taxes beyond what they are currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Then do it. Write a check. Otherwise, shut your blow hole.
    Damn
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

I said that lowering the it was not feasible for a number of reasons which I outlined.
    Note feasible...but hopefully it passes.

And how about this?..the Senate just snuck in to the tax reform bill the repeal Barry's Individual Mandate too! Fingers crossed...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

All interesting, but has nothing to do with what I'm waiting for.

You said you were happy to pay more taxes, and I asked if you understood the goals you wanted the higher taxes for do not have to be funded with taxes. You claimed to understand that. So, I asked why you think taxes should fund those things.

So, you did a great job of answering a question I didn't ask to explain something no one wanted to know.

Again.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Note feasible...but hopefully it passes.

And how about this?..the Senate just snuck in to the tax reform bill the repeal Barry's Individual Mandate too! Fingers crossed...
    It's funny how hard they have been working to destroy ObamaCare and it has taken this much effort to destroy what they claim is a "flawed failing system"

Members who have read this thread: 82