Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: 10 Things You Need To Know About Democrats SHELLACKING Republicans In Virginia

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Actually, all the news people were saying it was going to be a tight race, and it was. But show me the post where *Gurps* said Gillespie was going to win because of Trump? Because that was what you stated. Show me where Gurps "screamed for weeks".
    The only reply you'll get will be adhominem.
    ___________________________________________________________
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain

  2. #32
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post

    I don't understand how these people can scream one thing for weeks and then as soon as the results are in "it's well its not about Trump.
    We knew this would happen.
    So sad the lies they have to tell themselves so they can sleep at night.
    ah my 1st post about the VA Race ... other that ones about the Latino Victory Video

    what is this we s h i t white man you have a mouse in your pocket

    Speaking of Liars ... how do you function with all of the Trump Angst you emit


    who was the LAST Gov. of Virgina a Hard Left Progressive Hillary Sycophant

    so that is 2 Democratic Governors and you say Va is not sliding Blue now or rather has been for 20 yrs
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  3. #33
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    33,411
    Politico, a liberal website inside the swamp that is Washington, D.C., was positively giddy with delight after Tuesday's election returns rolled in.

    "Democrats euphoric after Tuesday election romp," blared the headline, with a subhead that read: "Wins in Virginia and across the country buoy the party's hopes about the 2018 midterms."

    The campaign was a long and bloody battle (as a Virginia resident, I can attest that the deluge of dishonest ads — from both sides — was disgusting). But in the end, the outcome was not surprising, for this one simple fact:

    There are now more Democrats in Virginia than Republicans — by some accounts, a LOT more.

    Sure, there were other reasons Ed Gillespie lost by nearly 9 percentage points to Democrat Ralph Northam, 53.7% to 45.1%. Gillespie is about as Establishment a candidate as one could find; he shunned President Trump (who never popped across the Potomac River to campaign for the Republican), and, truth be told, Gillespie is boring, both on TV and in person.

    But the real reason Gillespie lost was simple numbers — more Democrats = loss for Republicans.

    The Washington Post interviewed nearly 3,000 voters as they came out of the polls. Here's what they found:

    • 41% identified as Democrats
    • 30% said they were Republicans


    So, the fact that Gillespie even got to 45% is against the odds (28% of those surveyed said they were "independent or something else").

    But there's more. Northern Virginia, one of the population centers of the state, voted more heavily for the Democrat than ever before. Northam won huge in places like Fairfax County (67-32) and Alexandria (78-21). But he also crushed in the growing suburb of Loudoun County (59-39) and took Prince William County 61-38.

    Here's What Really Happened In Virginia (And It's Shocking)



    yeah keep telling yourself #BecauseTRUMP
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

  4. #34
    Just wait until next year when MD Dems try to paint Hogan with the Trump brush.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,975
    Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Just wait until next year when MD Dems try to paint Hogan with the Trump brush.
    I think Hogan has gone out of his way to avoid that.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    I think Hogan has gone out of his way to avoid that.
    Sure he has, but the Dems will try their hardest. The problem is a lot of MD Dem voter will believe it.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    ...and the spinning begins.
    Did you READ the article, or just the post? It's no paean to Trump in the slightest. And it clearly acknowledges his shortcomings.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  8. #38
    Blue Candidates won in Blue States! IM-Pressive!!!

    ___________________________________________________________
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Blue Candidates won in Blue States! IM-Pressive!!!

    Well, Jersey and New York, no surprise although Christie really blew the good will of the state's voters. He was REALLY popular once.

    Virginia - well it will become harder to win national elections with Virginia turning consistently blue.
    The GOP's only real chance is to re-enter a world where the Rust Belt states vote with them.
    I don't think that will happen - as the article states, Trump may have won Michigan and Wisconsin - but he drew less votes than Romney - who LOST.
    Winning those states was more a matter of people NOT voting for Hillary.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,975
    Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Sure he has, but the Dems will try their hardest. The problem is a lot of MD Dem voter will believe it.
    Md. Dem voters will believe anything.

Members who have read this thread: 49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |